Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience of Ulster Bank uFirst Gold Account?

Options
  • 20-10-2012 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

As part of the recent compensation package, my Ulster Bank account was upgraded (at my request) to the uFirst Gold package. It will come in very handy for travel and phone insurance.

I was looking at the list of restaurants they include for the money off offer, along with money off tickets for theatres etc. Problem is, there's little or no options in my city.

Has anyone any experience of getting places added to the list or any other positives they've experienced with having the account upgrade?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Trotter wrote: »
    As part of the recent compensation package, my Ulster Bank account was upgraded (at my request) to the uFirst Gold package. It will come in very handy for travel and phone insurance.

I was looking at the list of restaurants they include for the money off offer, along with money off tickets for theatres etc. Problem is, there's little or no options in my city.

Has anyone any experience of getting places added to the list or any other positives they've experienced with having the account upgrade?

Thanks!
    Did they add it as part of your compensation or are you paying for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Did they add it as part of your compensation or are you paying for it?

I got the value of a years worth and I'll pay it monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Trotter wrote: »

I got the value of a years worth and I'll pay it monthly.
    Did it upgrade it straight away, I changed mine there and it still says steps account.
    Does the account number change or is there different log in details for Internet banking as my is still the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It takes a few days, you'll get a welcome pack in the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

testicle wrote: »
    It takes a few days, you'll get a welcome pack in the post...
    Is it a completely different account or do change my old one? I get paid into this account this week and I don't want it to get screwed up?

• Advertisement

No, it's the same account details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Is there any criteria for getting one? I'm a student and a part-time worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Is there any criteria for getting one? I'm a student and a part-time worker.

There is a monthly fee associated with this account, either €10 or €14 depending on the account level. You would need to work out the maths on whether paying €120 or €168 per annum in charges will be recouped by you from the benefits that come with the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

i have one for years...benefits of gold over normal are minimal...travel coverage offered is not great..restaurant options are not great either..standard is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 10 franpod

Does anybody know how you go about applying for the priority pass airport lounge card? It's supposed to be one of the benefits with my ufirst gold account but when i rang ufirst they seemed to have no clue about it!
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

It's in Ulster banks brochure. The loung access isn't free though. It will still cost you €24 a visit. Only the priority membership is free.

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/documents/roi/ufirstgold_user_guide.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Has anybody managed to sign up for the priority pass? I spent about half an hour on the phone to the Ufirst account people and they didn't have a clue!
    They ended up transferring me directly to the PriorityPass company, but they could only set up new members that were joining properly.

In fairness the guy at Ufirst was really trying to help, he said it was ridiculous that nobody knew the procedure, but they still coudn't get it done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 franpod

That sounds exactly like what happened with me. Non-stop phone calls. I just gave up in the end. The girl from Ufirst told me to go into a branch to get a 'welcome pack' and it would tell me what to do to get Priority pass. When I went in and asked for one the person just handed me a brochure for Ufirst. I tried for ages to get that Priority Pass thing. Wild goose chase!!

I haven't even been able to talk to anybody that knows the story with it!!

I seem to recall either getting a form for PP in my welcome back or signing up online via ufirstaccount.ie for it.

Advertisement