Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen i phone

Options
  • 20-10-2012 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

i know this has been asked lloads before but i got mugged last night and phone was stolen. its an iphone 4
    I just want to know whats safe and not ? Does whoever stole it have access to my email account? (sensitive emails on phone). Can they use the apps I down loaded.

I had no safety on it at all not even a password, no back up either .

Is there anything I should or need to do ?

Yes I am stupid about these things ..

Any help appreciated:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Sorry to hear that

First thing is first, did you report theft to your network /Guards yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭GusGus

Well to be honest its pointlless reporting to Garda. So answer is no . I tried for an hour to contact vodafone last night, round and round with stupid pointless voice recordings I have to say worst ever to deal with but I did get this morning and blocked the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

GusGus wrote: »
    Well to be honest its pointlless reporting to Garda. So answer is no . I tried for an hour to contact vodafone last night, round and round with stupid pointless voice recordings I have to say worst ever to deal with but I did get this morning and blocked the phone.

I know you must be frustrated, but while the Guards might not find the phone, or even have the resources to go looking for it or who took it, it's important that you report it so that there's a record of the incident.

On a different note, did you by any chance have the "find my iPhone" software set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭GusGus

Im not been smart but like i Had nothing and I mean nothing. Im worried about access to my email as some sensitive work stuff on it so im now going to have have to contact work to let them know about a potential date breach.

Can I ask , what about the apps I had downloaded, Can someone use them and pretend to be me ? I means ones like viber and whats app?? Like I know its a stupid question but I know nothing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭brownswiss

GusGus wrote: »
    i know this has been asked lloads before but i got mugged last night and phone was stolen. its an iphone 4
    I just want to know whats safe and not ? Does whoever stole it have access to my email account? (sensitive emails on phone). Can they use the apps I down loaded.

I had no safety on it at all not even a password, no back up either .

Is there anything I should or need to do ?

Yes I am stupid about these things ..

Any help appreciated:(

Not sure if it is urban legend but I am told these stolen phones are being bought and unblocked by certain shops so you might be lucky enough to be able to buy back your own phone ( and of course you know the first call you will make ). Presume the Garda know this already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Even with the phone reported to vodafone and IMEI blocked, they will still have access to all your logged in to apps, including mail.
    Regardless of whats on the phone now, you should start to change passwords via webmail/job accounts and apps etc.. all of which are accessible through wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

If your email account is connected to your work exchange they can remotely wipe the phone from there.

Advertisement