Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car pooling – Car sharing : looking for a lift to work – 80€/month

Options
  • 19-10-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My name is Emilie <snip> I work at <snip> (IDA Business & Technology Park, Snugborough Road, Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland, Near Jelly Bean Factory.).

I commute Monday to Friday from Dublin City Center to Blanchardstown Business Park.
    I'm looking for carpooling : I would like to share a car (as a passenger) with someone who works in this area.

Here is the information you need to know:
    • I commute Monday to Friday from city center to <snip>Blanchardstown
    • I work Flexitime – 39 hrs / week so I can adapt my working time in the following brackets [8 to 10 am] and [4 to 6]
    • My contribution : 80€ (20€ / week)
    • Flexibility of meeting point in Dublin city center.
    • The carsharing can be TO and FROM the office (mornings and evenings) OR only FROM (only evenings => for 10€ per week)
    • And last, I'm French, so if some car owners are interested in improving their language skills it's a win win!
    Contact details:
    Emilie <snip> : <snip>

Cheers !
    Emilie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Hope you find what you need - should be more pooling going on I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have removed some personal info, for your own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

you're mad to pay 20 euro a week, you could get a yearly bus ticket under the tax saver scheme that would work out at about half that, the bus would get you there a lot quicker too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EmilieCarpool

Hi Delad, the bus takes a long time and is very unreliable... today for exemple I waited it for 45mn, I left office at 4 pm and got home after 6 pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi Delad, the bus takes a long time and is very unreliable... today for exemple I waited it for 45mn, I left office at 4 pm and got home after 6 pm!

Traffic is even more unreliable. Getting down the Snugborough Road in the evenings could take 15 mins + and that's before you even hit the N3. Bear in mind that the buses have a bus lane almost all the way in to town, I wouldn't rate the likelihood of saving much travel time.

I go the other way, from the Snugborough Road in the morning and from the city centre in the evenings. Record short time 25 mins, record long time 2 hours 45 mins :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

I have made the trip to that IDA estate far too many times from the city centre, thankfully never at peak times - but even then it can easily take 45 - 50 mins ;(

Hi Robjones,
    By bus or with your own car?
    Cheers

Thx Athtrasna, I must say, once I'm in a bus or a car I'm ok, even if it takes ages (both do!). But what I dread is to wait outside for ages... this week I waited more than 45mn twice! And of course I've got flu this week end!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

why doesnt blanchardstown have a train station. if you looked at it in its own right, i.e. dont categorise it as part of Dublin city. Isnt it about the same size as Galway? 80,000 people.

it really should have a train station!

OP, is there anywhere you could move to to get onto a different bus corridor that may be quicker? but that you can still live city centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

liffeylite wrote: »
    why doesnt blanchardstown have a train station. if you looked at it in its own right, i.e. dont categorise it as part of Dublin city. Isnt it about the same size as Galway? 80,000 people.

it really should have a train station!

OP, is there anywhere you could move to to get onto a different bus corridor that may be quicker? but that you can still live city centre?

Castleknock train station is arguably in Blanchardstown but would be a 30 min walk from the OP's work, and has a crappy commuter service that off peak can be as rare as one per hour.

There is only one bus corridor serving the Blanchardstown area from the city centre. Only the 38s serve the Snugborough Road area from town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement