Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free credit with meteor.

Options
  • 19-10-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hey guys first time poster so be gentle. if you text student to 50909,you will recieve 20 euro per month if you top up by 20 or more in that month. i think its only for 6 months but its still 120 free credit. best of all it doesnt interfere with your free text or call perks. oh and you dont have to be a student :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

seems phisy. I'd advise no one to txt until its confirmed.
    OP has one post.. and no link to backup

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gerrymac1982

hey there lenny,this is my second post so hopefully it gives me a bit more credit. i know its my first post but what would you rather my first post be about? its not on there website it was sent in a sms to my friend yesterday.
    i am on adverts under the name gerrymac1892 with ads on there if it makes anyone more at ease

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hey there lenny,this is my second post so hopefully it gives me a bit more credit. i know its my first post but what would you rather my first post be about? its not on there website it was sent in a sms to my friend yesterday.
    i am on adverts under the name gerrymac1892 with ads on there if it makes anyone more at ease

I've nothing against you. I didn't report your post or anything
    I was just warning people to beware that is all, its just looked suspicious
    on the number you give 50909, I checked it on this website & there is no details about the number, is it wrong perhaps?
    http://www.phonesmart.ie/NumberChecker/50909

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is it legit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I would say it is about as legit as a free shop in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 mise1992

has anyone tried it yet?! sounds lik a gud deal though!

i know that lenny i wasnt having a go i was just posting something that i thought was a bargin alert and it was getting holes shot in it. i took 2 pictures of msgs i got from meter hopefully they will work.016.JPG

p.s do i get any apologies when it works lol..not just lenny,how did that free shop go tesco msg11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

could be this - student credit ...I stress "could".. and there is lots of very small print. OPs jpg refers to student credit
    I still wouldn't chance it though .sorry OP
    http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/double_credit_forever_promotion/

i dont think its that one,but it does look similar. im with meteor for years now and i was able to send the msg and get free credit as soon as i topped up. did the picture that i posted work for anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Ive been getting €20 free when i top up by €20 with each and every network ive been on over the last 2 years. Its kind of standard now only to those foolish enough not to seek out a better deal. It doesnt seem all that dodgy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,256 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That seems to be an e-mobile number, not Meteor. I think both are owned by Eircom.

Query started here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056785601

hey there victor,

can you tell me if the pic i attached opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,256 ✭✭✭✭Victor

hey there victor,

can you tell me if the pic i attached opens?
    This: https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/595551/225129.JPG

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/prepay/thirty20/
    An emobile number so unlikely to be a "scam" per say, however it could change your package to another similar one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Saharahhh

hey guys first time poster so be gentle. if you text student to 50909,you will recieve 20 euro per month if you top up by 20 or more in that month. i think its only for 6 months but its still 120 free credit. best of all it doesnt interfere with your free text or call perks. oh and you dont have to be a student :)

Good news for a change! Thank you for info.

Meteor are currently going around to colleges.

The have an offer, that if you and a friend sign up (you could currently be on meteor too, and just your friend sign up) but I do remember talking to them, and they said what OP posted.

They didn't mention a number, but they did say you get €120 free credit and all you had to do was top up by €20 a month.

So I assume this is the method of activation for the promotion.

Here is some info on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 liverpool321

worked for me woooo :)

Advertisement