Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin pokemon league - new season :D

Options
  • 19-10-2012 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

So its that time of years chaps, and the new season of the Dublin pokemon league starts on tuesday :D we have still been playing for the while or so, but now the official season is starting, with the chance to earn cool badges and stuff!

When do we play? - Tuesdays, 6-9PM, at gamersworld on jervis street. Which is actually just off the luas line, its super easy to find. If your stuck, go onto the street where symths and toymaster are, and walk down. You'll go right past it.

What do I need to play? - Well you can come along to see how it all goes without anything! But for the best experience, you'll want to bring a DS and a pokemon game, or some pokemon trading cards, preferably both. Don't feel pressured though, its equal amounts VGC/TCG!

Does it cost anything? - Well right now, as its between 6 and 9, gamersworld do charge us a fiver to play. But, you get a free booster pack of the latest pokemon trading card set with that! And boosters cost between 4.50 - 5 euro anyway, so its a good deal!

Are you all nice people? Yes. Most of us. Kind of :pac:

Anymore questions, feel free top ask me or popzmaster!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cakemonkey

cloud493 wrote: »
    So its that time of years chaps, and the new season of the Dublin pokemon league starts on tuesday :D we have still been playing for the while or so, but now the official season is starting, with the chance to earn cool badges and stuff!

When do we play? - Tuesdays, 6-9PM, at gamersworld on jervis street. Which is actually just off the luas line, its super easy to find. If your stuck, go onto the street where symths and toymaster are, and walk down. You'll go right past it.

What do I need to play? - Well you can come along to see how it all goes without anything! But for the best experience, you'll want to bring a DS and a pokemon game, or some pokemon trading cards, preferably both. Don't feel pressured though, its equal amounts VGC/TCG!

Does it cost anything? - Well right now, as its between 6 and 9, gamersworld do charge us a fiver to play. But, you get a free booster pack of the latest pokemon trading card set with that! And boosters cost between 4.50 - 5 euro anyway, so its a good deal!

Are you all nice people? Yes. Most of us. Kind of :pac:

Anymore questions, feel free top ask me or popzmaster!
    Well, ****. I cant probably make it. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I will be over for the first League of November (the 5th I think), looking forward to it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Woobat trainer 1

Hello I have no work 2mrro I would like to go to a play with other tcg players but I have never play it ps is the road ok at night as I got robed last time I was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

308745_4214412993395_849272413_n.jpg

222569_4214412153374_372060955_n.jpg

297253_4191279655076_358003210_n.jpg

576914_4066323011238_360403078_n.jpg

57955_4066285410298_1242288572_n.jpg

Huge thanks to buzzthebatgirl for not only her presence at league, but the box of super cool badges she gave us :D

• Advertisement

So is it on at6 2mrro yes

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

So is it on at6 2mrro yes

Yup :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I will actually try make it to one of these!

Apologies for being fairly absent recently too. Working full time and doing a part time course basically leaves me with 1 free day a week which is spent sleeping :P

I am still here though!

Your absence was noted :pac:

259870_4279618343488_292650081_n.jpg

14295_4279617903477_431338463_n.jpg

Last week of aspertia gym season next week, double points :D

Hi I just want to know can ya use the pokemon card back for the 1990 s as found some the other day in my room

• Advertisement

You can use any cards you like, as we play unlimited :)

There you go, only place in town with Boundaries crossed so you should definitely come down

• Registered Users Posts: 16 impalingnubs

wait... pokemon cards are still in?

Define in/

Ordered my 2013 league badge case

Is the tcg back on on Tuesday

Nope, we're back on the 8th, a week on tuesday :)

Ok thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wish I could play but I have all the classic cards :P

We play unlimited, all cards are playable :p and new cards are pretty cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Oh awesome, my 1000+ cards are not in vein then. Not really interested in investing in new cards but interested in playing out my old ones.

Well your more than welcome to, any old cards are good at league :) You don't even have to play if you don't feel like it, you can come watch.

I might do! Might drag Denny M along with me too :P

I got a full box for pokemon card today of games world and I got a few good cards

Thats some damn good cards there, probably get some good trades for them if you wanted :p

Don't think I want to trade but if I do I will let ya know

Thats fair enough :) good pulls though any road.

Let me have a look and will get back to u

Sorry no I have none

• Advertisement

How come the pokemon tcg was not on today :(

Advertisement