Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood clots and infertility???

Options
  • 19-10-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Didn't really know where to post this so apologies to Mods if it's in the wrong place... I feel a bit lost at the mo....

I am 27 years old and when I was 25 I was diagnosed with multiple DVT in my leg. Went on Warfarin for 3 months, came off it, got another clot, went on again for 3 months, came off it and then got another... I am now on warfarin for life. When people hear that they seem really shocked and that, but to be honest, taking a tablet or two each night and a blood test every few weeks is a small price to pay for staying upright.... anyhoooo... i digress....

Since I was about 16 my menstral cycle has been all over the place... every 2 weeks... then nothing for 3 months.... generally my cycle is about 5-6 weeks now. Myself and my fiance have been half heartedly trying to concieve for about a year now with no joy. We are really interested in starting a family now and nothing seems to be happening. I have consulted a gyn consultant and am awaiting blood test results, hoping to have some kind of insight into whats going on on the 5th November, but I have recently read articles stating a supposed link between hereditary thrombosis (which is what I have...DAMN YOU GENES!!!) and infertility...

I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this? As i said I could be posting in the completely wrong forum, if so, I apologise....

Advertisement