Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Man with the Iron Fist OST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Great soundtrack, I dare anyone to front on this album.

RZA says he is trying to reunite the Clan for one last album, since its the 20th anniversary of 36 Chambers next year. What a legend, 20 years on and Wu-Tang is still forever :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jigga wrote: »
    Great soundtrack, I dare anyone to front on this album.

RZA says he is trying to reunite the Clan for one last album, since its the 20th anniversary of 36 Chambers next year. What a legend, 20 years on and Wu-Tang is still forever :)

But, he has said it will onlyy happen if he controls the project and that everyone agrees to that. I dont really see that happening and it has been the cause of problems on the recent Wu albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    But, he has said it will onlyy happen if he controls the project and that everyone agrees to that. I dont really see that happening and it has been the cause of problems on the recent Wu albums.
    Sickened, those other brothers need to drop the egos and bullshít.

Ghostface still got it. If he's spitting this kind of fire on his new album out next month I'll be bugging out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Jigga wrote: »
    Sickened, those other brothers need to drop the egos and bullshít.

Ghostface still got it. If he's spitting this kind of fire on his new album out next month I'll be bugging out

Well in fairness they gave him control over the last album and not too many (Clan members, critics or fans) were too happy with the results.

If he was willing to channel the energy and style of OBFCL2 it could be a real treat.

Maybe Rae should be put in charge?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

floggg wrote: »
    Well in fairness they gave him control over the last album and not too many (Clan members, critics or fans) were too happy with the results.

If he was willing to channel the energy and style of OBFCL2 it could be a real treat.

Maybe Rae should be put in charge?

I dont think that he had that much control. I think at the time of 8 Diagrams, Ghostface or Rae was taking legal action against RZA.

And there was some other in-house fighting over royalties and mic time.

Compared to 36 Chambers, it was a case of whoever had the best verses, got on the track. So they were competing for air time. On 8 Diagrams it was a case of demanding it.

I think that RZA should have complete control, he is the one that can dictate the sound and mood of the album, and from what I've heard of this soundtrack, it works great here.

• Advertisement

I dont think that he had that much control. I think at the time of 8 Diagrams, Ghostface or Rae was taking legal action against RZA.

And there was some other in-house fighting over royalties and mic time.

Compared to 36 Chambers, it was a case of whoever had the best verses, got on the track. So they were competing for air time. On 8 Diagrams it was a case of demanding it.

I think that RZA should have complete control, he is the one that can dictate the sound and mood of the album, and from what I've heard of this soundtrack, it works great here.

As I understood the fall out from that album, it was a case of Rae, Ghost and meth being unhappy with the sound Rza ended up concocting for the album, prompting Rae to start talking about a Rza-less Wu album.

In fairness it was a pretty weak album so whoever was at fault shouldn't be allowed control.

I'd much rather if Rae, Ghost and Meth went in for a proper stab at a joint album. The three together have ridiculous chemistry but that album was rushed and disjointed.

The funny thing is, I think that Mef has done a u-turn now, he wants his next album, which will be his last to be handled entirely by The RZA.

Ghost and Rae have crafted fine solo careers. I think that Apollo Kids is one of the best Wu releases in a long long time. Excellent album, and I finally picked up a physicla copy of it.
    As far as OBFCLII, I dont care much for it. I have never really gone back to listen to it since the hoopla around the release.

The Wu-Massacre album was an odd one, when listening, it's good, but you are left waiting for the point where it is about to take off, and then it ends.

I think that an album where they all come together and share the same vision would be amazing. But obviously, with the RZA orchestrating everything and having final cut.

The funny thing is, I think that Mef has done a u-turn now, he wants his next album, which will be his last to be handled entirely by The RZA.

Ghost and Rae have crafted fine solo careers. I think that Apollo Kids is one of the best Wu releases in a long long time. Excellent album, and I finally picked up a physicla copy of it.
    As far as OBFCLII, I dont care much for it. I have never really gone back to listen to it since the hoopla around the release.

The Wu-Massacre album was an odd one, when listening, it's good, but you are left waiting for the point where it is about to take off, and then it ends.

I think that an album where they all come together and share the same vision would be amazing. But obviously, with the RZA orchestrating everything and having final cut.

I loved OBFCL2 at the time, though it hasn't necessarily held its replay value for me as we'll as I might have hoped (though New Wu, Flying Daggers and Gihad are still bananas).

I think there has been some great cuts recently where Rae, Ghost and Math have combined - New Wu, Flying Daggers, Yolandas House, Our Dreams, Heart Gently Weeps. Some of my favourite songs of the last few years.

A proper album with all three trading drug tales and slick talk in the vein of those songs would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

They performed "Six Directions of Boxing" with The Roots on Jimmy Fallon's show last night. The quality isn't great but the performance is great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

No mention of Shoilin vs Wu Tang? Sh1t is banging off the chain. Ugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

What kinda ratings is this generally getting?

Advertisement