Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUDs

Options
  • 18-10-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Are there any decent, text-based, telnet/jave client online MUDs left? I was on Wolfenburg many, many, many moons ago, but bailed after they lost the Warhammer licensing. I've tried Aardwolf, but its fairly meh, and all the other recommended ones I know of are hardcore things where you have to e-mail a mod and apply for access with a backstory and stats for your character like its a C.V. (this was Shadows of Isildur).

I've felt the nostalgic hankering to re-sample this staple of my teenage life recently. Can anyone help me out?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

used to play the discworld one many many (many!) moons ago

think my character is still there alright - same name as on here in fact hah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

wow , didnt know there were still muds out there , used to play a load of dikumuds back in the mid nineties (standouts were JediMud and HoloMud)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I played mud2.com (wiz) for a long number of years. Gone very quiet now though. Server is based in Ontario, Canada. There was a UK site mudii.co.uk with the same game - not sure if it's still running.

It's based on the original MUD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Wossack wrote: »
    used to play the discworld one many many (many!) moons ago

think my character is still there alright - same name as on here in fact hah

I used to play discworld mud too. I was a priest of gufnork. Now you know where my username comes from :0) was very good, and quite busy too a lot of the time. I only stopped because I was getting quite addicted. Dangerous things these muds, but great fun if you've loads of time to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

gufnork wrote: »
    I used to play discworld mud too. I was a priest of gufnork. Now you know where my username comes from :0) was very good, and quite busy too a lot of the time. I only stopped because I was getting quite addicted. Dangerous things these muds, but great fun if you've loads of time to spare.

hah cool, yea, insanely addictive :o

used to use zmud client (I think), and without it (ie just using telnet, or java client), man its just impossible to play/follow now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Wossack wrote: »

hah cool, yea, insanely addictive :o

used to use zmud client (I think), and without it (ie just using telnet, or java client), man its just impossible to play/follow now

I think that's the client I used to use. You can also play it via a client on your android phone. In fact the dev states that he tested the app with discworld mud. Not sure how easy it would be to play on a phone though. I was tempted to try it at the time myself but managed to resist.

Advertisement