Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GnP Lower Reciever with Big Dragon Vltor Upper

Options
  • 18-10-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

Hey Guy's,

Just wanted to get feedback if possible about this.

I'm doing a project which uses a GnP lower reciever "M4" and I want to get a Vltor upper for it. I can't seem to find these solded on their own by GnP so I'm wondering if these one's by Big Dragon will fit the lower GnP one.

Has anyone tried this..?

If so any mods needed to get it to fit.?
    Was it a good fit in the finish.?
    Was there much difference in the colour texture between the 2 brands..?

Would really appretiate some feedback on this before I purchase the upper in question.

Thanks

DP :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Ciaran, the project i'm building at the minute compromises the two receivers you mentioned. I have a G&P Magpul lower with a Big Dragon/ACM Vltor upper. First thing is.........good luck trying to find one is stock anywhere. I spent weeks upon weeks trolling through internet land looking for one. I was very lucky that an airsoft collector i know parted with one he had for me. Keep an eye out and you might be lucky somewhere.

But to answer your questions. Mine fitted on but was a tight fit using a G&P gearbox. I also noticed that the front cog on the hop chamber is pressed against the inner wall of the upper and i'll need to dremel it back a bit as the cog won't move freely. The finsih looks fine for what it is. It won't be as good a finish as the G&P or a VFC but that is to be expected. There is a in the colour tone between my upper and lower. The upper looks to have a somewhat faded looking appearance. The lines don't match up exactly to the lower but are only a fraction out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Thank you very much for that answer, just exactly what i needed to know.
    I did come across a few opinions on other threads of tightness issues but like alot of things on other forums its hard to suss out whats right and wrong if ya get me.
    Thanks again for that Clubberlang, appretiate the feedback.

Ciaran ;)

Advertisement