Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Beer & Cheese Weekend, 25-29 October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mulligan's at 3, then Kavanagh's at 6.

BeerNut, have you tried any of the Dancing Duck cask stuff in Kavanagh's?

I'd a pint of their stout on Sunday, good stuff.

The guy from somewhere up north told me he was the guy who looked after the casks, seems like a decent fella and really enthusiastic about the beers he sells.

bollox on it anyway.

Wedding in Waterford that day.

:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Des wrote: »
    BeerNut, have you tried any of the Dancing Duck cask stuff in Kavanagh's?

That's the only one I've had. It was a bit heavy for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Le sigh, nothing in Galway.

Might plod back to Athlone and check out Maguires if I get a chance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Since, AFAIK, Sheridan's are heavily involved with this: that's bizarre. I'd be marching down to their Galway shop with my flaming torch and pitchfork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Some of the shops/cafe's listed don't usually have craft beer available, will they for this event? Will there be beer and cheese at every location?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Some of the shops/cafe's listed don't usually have craft beer available, will they for this event? Will there be beer and cheese at every location?

I'd imagien they'd just have a few bottles for the day, to show how cultured they are...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Des wrote: »

The guy from somewhere up north told me he was the guy who looked after the casks, seems like a decent fella and really enthusiastic about the beers he sells.

That's Declan, from Derry. He's been getting in most of their beers afaik. http://www.dancingduckbrewery.com/beers

The Ay Up is very tasty.

irish_goat wrote: »
    That's Declan, from Derry. He's been getting in most of their beers afaik. http://www.dancingduckbrewery.com/beers

The Ay Up is very tasty.

I'll definitely be back down anyway, it's on the bus route from where I live.

Me and the wife were the only people in the place for a while on Sunday evening.

Advertisement