Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Win 7 on New Build

Options
  • 18-10-2012 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I have just attempted to install Windows 7 OEM on a pc which I just built. I used an external disk drive to do this.

The computer booted as far as the screen that shows "Windows is loading files". This screen stayed on for 10 or so minutes and the status bar slowly filled. However I got an error screen (screenshot attached) at the end of this saying "Windows failed to load as the system registry file is missing or corrupt"

Anybody have any ideas what the issue is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Windows Setup is being loaded into RAM, run memtest86+ to check the hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

So I spent a good bit of time googling today but I was googling the error code and the message and getting nowhere quick. It was only this evening i googled the file name mentioned (which was a bit stupid). I discovered this page which said one of the auses of this problem can be a faulty keyboard. I unplugged the keyboard and started it again and it worked out for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

cooperguy wrote: »
    I unplugged the keyboard and started it again and it worked out for me

Who needs a keyboard anyway? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭kirving

I had a similar problem as far as I can remember. PC wouln't boot until I unplugged the mouse or KB.

Advertisement