Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simply rent property management?

Options
  • 18-10-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

hi folks, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but they are based in limerick and i just want to know if anyone else has had trouble with this crowd?

i have been renting from them for little over a year now. grand when you have to find a house, but nothing but hassle when you need to get something fixed. a little over a month to get the oven replaced, but the latest is now 34 days without hot water, knowing that we need to get the immersion tank replaced, but it still hasnt been done. long story but getting very sick chasing them about this and i need to know is it only me they are treating like a spare prick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

hey, thanks for the link! i was looking at the PRTB website, but this has some good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

garyegt wrote: »
    hi folks, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but they are based in limerick and i just want to know if anyone else has had trouble with this crowd?

i have been renting from them for little over a year now. grand when you have to find a house, but nothing but hassle when you need to get something fixed. a little over a month to get the oven replaced, but the latest is now 34 days without hot water, knowing that we need to get the immersion tank replaced, but it still hasnt been done. long story but getting very sick chasing them about this and i need to know is it only me they are treating like a spare prick?

From a landlord's point of view the property management companies in Limerick are all as bad as each other. Like you kind've said they are okay for finding tenants but after that the service is abysmal. The auctioneering side of it is the same, the level of professional service is non existant, most of them don't even have the courtesy to return phonecalls.

If I were you I would go to www.prtb.ie and check to see if the property is registered as a rental property. This is required by law. If it isn't registered the landlord and/or the agent could get into serious trouble.

Secondly I would ring the PRTB and advise them of your situation. They will be able to act on your behalf or advise you from there.

34 days without hot water, which is a basic right under the Standards for Rented Houses Act 2008, is an absolute joke.

Keep us updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

thanks for the reply ltp. well as an update, i sent an email to the guy last night stating how unhappy i was and that i demanded a call from him. i didnt, but i got a call from the plumber saying he would be out in the morning. result of course, but should never get to that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

after waiting that long I'd probably end up paying it myself and deducting from next months rent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭girlwitcurls

i think there all the same!!what we did was wait one month for a washing machine .....sent our clothes to laundry collected all receipts and deducted same from rent ....it was the only way to put a bomb under our rental agents!!good luck :)

Advertisement