Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant vortex boiler

Options
  • 17-10-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Thinking about changing our Grant combi boiler for a Grant Vortex external boiler. So I'm wondering, how does one know which kw boiler to get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

BadAngel wrote: »
    Thinking about changing our Grant combi boiler for a Grant Vortex external boiler. So I'm wondering, how does one know which kw boiler to get?
    Nobody can answer that one without sizing your system and dhw cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadAngel

Unfortunately, our combi-boiler doesn't have a dhw cylinder. Is it the job of the plumber or the people selling the boiler to size the system? I have been given little reason to have faith in our plumbers so far and have read many times about the importance if getting the right boiler. Also, does the fact that the walls are not insulated have any effect on the size of the boiler needed? Or the design of the house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

BadAngel wrote: »
    Unfortunately, our combi-boiler doesn't have a dhw cylinder. Is it the job of the plumber or the people selling the boiler to size the system? I have been given little reason to have faith in our plumbers so far and have read many times about the importance if getting the right boiler. Also, does the fact that the walls are not insulated have any effect on the size of the boiler needed? Or the design of the house...
    Yes sorry, of course you do not, slip of the finger sort of speak! But still the same allowance. It must be calculated for number of occupants, number if showers, sinks, if bath fitted, etc. basically a dhw demand.
    It will be the job if the installer to size the boiler required or rather the outputs required the heating side and the domestic side.
    Of course heat loss comes into the equation but why would want an oversized boiler to dump heat outside through your walls. Get them insulated along with the roof and then size accordingly.

Advertisement