Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai and TY

Options
  • 17-10-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Yeah, I'm not really sure this is the right forum but oh well.

So I'm in third year atm and of course everyone is going on about whether they're doing TY or not. As a future career I want to become a Garda but what I'm wondering is that would TY have much effect on whether I become one or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Considering the amount of people ahead of you looking to join up, I doubt it. Some would have relevant expierience that would make 4th year a non-runner. I do believe that a degree would be more beneficial, perhaps skip TY, get a degree (of possible, I know you want to be a Garda but a relevant degree wont hurt and will pass time) and by that time hopefully the recruitment will have returned to fluidity.

Advertisement