Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zetor windows

Options
  • 17-10-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All
    I was just wondering has anyone had any problems with the glass in the zetor Forterra tractors.
    The right side door exploded out earlier this year while the tractor was parked in the yard and yesterday the left window exploded out which I replaced with a new one from zetor dealer and while in the shed today I heard a bang from the parked tractor and the new glass had exploded outwards again. Zetor Dealer said he hadn't heard of it before but he has a good supply of replacement glass.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Black Smoke

Hi All
    I was just wondering has anyone had any problems with the glass in the zetor Forterra tractors.
    The right side door exploded out earlier this year while the tractor was parked in the yard and yesterday the left window exploded out which I replaced with a new one from zetor dealer and while in the shed today I heard a bang from the parked tractor and the new glass had exploded outwards again. Zetor Dealer said he hadn't heard of it before but he has a good supply of replacement glass.
    Thanks.

This was a well known problem with Frontera and Proxima models. Zetor acknowledged this problem, and put it down to a bad batch! There was a warranty exchange program at one point.
    I would fight like a dog with your dealer to get free or near free replacement.
    If you google you will find more info. Print it out and lob it up on dealers desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Hi All
    Thanks.
    A buddy of mine has one of them zetors and the glass in the left door has shattered twice while he was driving along the road . It must be poor glass or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

same thing happened me and was talking to a buddy who knows his stuff as he works in a glass processing factory which toughens glass and it is a common problem if process done wrong, also if fittings are to tights and expand against edges this will cause glass to explode. i would be looking for free replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

thanks for the info everyone, I thought there had to be something wrong somewhere.Dealer now owes me a new window at the very least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Happened to us 3 or 4 times in the space of a month.

We were told it's the door handle that bolts into the glass that has some flaw in it's manufacturing, like it's warped or something, and the pressure it puts on the pane eventually breaks it.

Not sure how much truth is in that, but anyway.

• Advertisement

13spanner wrote: »
    Happened to us 3 or 4 times in the space of a month.

We were told it's the door handle that bolts into the glass that has some flaw in it's manufacturing, like it's warped or something, and the pressure it puts on the pane eventually breaks it.

Not sure how much truth is in that, but anyway.

Did you have to pay for replacement glass Spanner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Black Smoke

thanks for the info everyone, I thought there had to be something wrong somewhere.Dealer now owes me a new window at the very least.

For info http://www.zetorworld.com/cgi-bin/x-forum.cgi?show=topic&page=1&topic=3027

Did you have to pay for replacement glass Spanner?

We payed for the 1st glass, as we didn't know how it had been broken so we presumed something hit it or it slammed in the wind. When it shattered again 2 days later we knew something was wrong.

For a finish we got the price of the 1st pane back, and the other replacements were free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I think this thread has been manipulated by Zetor dealers, to make Zetor dealers look like nice people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

for whats its worth a buddy has had a problem with glass breakage in a zetor-dont know the model but he has a couple

• Advertisement

I think this thread has been manipulated by Zetor dealers, to make Zetor dealers look like nice people

Who do you suspect as the inside man among us? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Sorry I cannot reveal that, as we all know what the other Zetor dealers would do to one of there own when they are outed, which could then result in Suffolk appreciating farmers attacking ordinary decent farmers

Just a little update
    I got on to Tom in Zetor claims dept. and guess what? they never had any problems with the side windows breaking and he wouldn't be able to help me in this case but if the third glass shattered he would give me a new one free of charge!I am just so ff...ing delighted with his response that the local dealer can now stop trying to talk me into an upgrade to a 140 HSX for 30k along with my own. Ah feck it ,probably wasn't going to happen anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Ah sure tis well known around your one of the brogans :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bruno11

Hi All
    Thanks.

Hi It my third door right and side sitting in and two of them just broke when the tractor was sitting in the garage and the first one I was running on the road I paid for the first one because I didn't know of the problem I didn't pay for the second and I'm not planning to pay for the third one either there supposed to send a rep. From zetor to check what wrong seem that there not aware that I'm not the only one with that probleme!!!!! They should have left a frame around like the older model not as pretty but didnt have any ishu with the older model.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bruno11

Yes 3 months later and it another door the fourth one on the same side did someone found the problems me I think there a problems I'm tired of replacing those of alignment with the door causing stress on the glass I've remarked today that the door pin that the latch close on is warm a little bit on top and on the other side the pin is just like new and it not worn by opening and closing because it on right and side and i'm not using that door much I'm tired of changing that door to bad because other then that pretty much satisfied quality,service everything is good but can't relied on it and if the problems:mad: is not solved I wan't be trading for another Zetor.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 part time farmer

my 10641 purchased last year 2nd hand is after breaking its second door. one on each side now. both times it was parked. Is it the cab or hinges thats wrong or whats going on. its an 08 model

Advertisement