Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Surround Sound on UPC?

Options
  • 17-10-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi All,

I just bought a new home cinema system and was wondering does anyone know if any upc channels operate with 5.1 surround sound?

I don't know much about it but I only get 5.1 surround sound from my DVDs at the moment. Is this because no tv channels are in surround sound?

Cheers :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Hi All,

I just bought a new home cinema system and was wondering does anyone know if any upc channels operate with 5.1 surround sound?

I don't know much about it but I only get 5.1 surround sound from my DVDs at the moment. Is this because no tv channels are in surround sound?

Cheers :eek:
    There is 5.1 on the hd channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

swampy353 wrote: »
    There is 5.1 on the hd channels

Expect RTE Two & TG4 - They don't have Dolby sound. All UK HD channels do

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

if your new home cinema unit has dolby pro logic 2 or dts neo 6 it will automatically convert the stereo track to 5.1

It is not ideal and not as good as pure dolby digital 5.1 but it sounds pretty good and much better a stereo track.

Advertisement