Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for London jobs

Options
  • 17-10-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if you are applying for positions in London, should I have my Irish address and mobile number on my CV or include a London address and UK number. My sister lives in London so I have an address there.

I'm living and working in Dublin in IT at the minute and considering a move to London. Wondering do London companies look more favourably on a CV with UK details etc. as opposed to seeing a CV with Irish details come in.

Many thanks
    Aidan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

My girlfriend worked in recruitment for a while so this is only anecdotal and depends on the job (the lower paid the job is, the more this would go on), but generally they'll bin CVs that don't have an English address or telephone number on them. i would go with the sister's address. Not sure what you should do about the phone number situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

When I was applying before I moved to London, I used a London address (a relative of mine lived locally) and put down my email & Irish mobile number with the country code. Most of the responses I had were by email anyway. You could always ask your sister to get you a UK sim, activate it for roaming and post it to you so you can include that on your CV. Just make sure you've topped it up so you can receive calls while roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

When I was applying before I moved to London, I used a London address (a relative of mine lived locally) and put down my email & Irish mobile number with the country code. Most of the responses I had were by email anyway. You could always ask your sister to get you a UK sim, activate it for roaming and post it to you so you can include that on your CV. Just make sure you've topped it up so you can receive calls while roaming.

Have Three on my UK phone — when back home, it gives me a text saying if I'm roaming on Three Ireland, I can take/make calls and texts at local rates. Could be one to go for!

Advertisement