Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which HRM/GPS watch?

Options
  • 17-10-2012 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

This may have been covered before but couldn't find that many previous threads, found this one:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79241034

I have a HRM watch, but I want to upgrade to a HRM watch with GPS so I can start calculating splits, graphs and true distance. I'll only be using it for running and cycling so waterproof-ness is not a must!

I'm heading to the US next month so might be able to pick one up cheaper than I would here, just not sure what to get!

I see the Garmin 310XT recommended in the above thread, what are the more entry level watches from Garmin (Forerunner 110, 210, etc) like? Or what other brands/models would people recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Either the Garmin 310 or the new Polar RC3 GPS.

The Garmin you can use whilst swimming, this particular Polar you can not. Both will function very well as a running and / cycling watch with options of speed and cadence sensors for the bike.

Personally I'd go for the Polar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Either the Garmin 310 or the new Polar RC3 GPS.

The Garmin you can use whilst swimming, this particular Polar you can not. Both will function very well as a running and / cycling watch with options of speed and cadence sensors for the bike.

Personally I'd go for the Polar.

90% of the rest of the population will go Garmin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Stay away from the 910xt if you plan to run in sunlight! :D

BTH wrote: »
    90% of the rest of the population will go Garmin. :D

So there's 10% like me! :D

pgibbo wrote: »
    Stay away from the 910xt if you plan to run in sunlight! :D

Was asked the other day what I thought of it, had to be honest and say I didn't have the foggiest.

Tunney has that one! BOOM BOOM. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Thanks for all the responses, Garmin 310 it is!

Advertisement