Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M14 EBR wiring kit

Options
  • 17-10-2012 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads, I have a14ebr, with a godgy wiring kit, I want to rewire it, i could just get cable and do it myself, however does anyone know about a off the shelf wiring kit, tks for any help. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

for a kit i would try ehobbyasia or redwolf, but to be honest you are better off buying the wire and shrink tube in maplins or a similar type store (cost less then €5) you will need a new battery connector, which can be picked up for buttons in any decent retailer, and do the job yourself, once the barrel/gearbox assymbley is free of the body, is a 2 min job with a soldering iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

thermo wrote: »
    for a kit i would try ehobbyasia or redwolf, but to be honest you are better off buying the wire and shrink tube in maplins or a similar type store (cost less then €5) you will need a new battery connector, which can be picked up for buttons in any decent retailer, and do the job yourself, once the barrel/gearbox assymbley is free of the body, is a 2 min job with a soldering iron.

Took a good look at things today n found the motor is shorting out because the wires are touching the EBR metal body, any idea of the wire gauge , as I am going to do a new wire job on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if its a case of a bare wire touching the body, you could insulate it with a hot glue gun....................... cheep and handy to do!

Advertisement