Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Cab Artwork

Options
  • 16-10-2012 9:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think i posted a bit on this before, when i changed the Control Panel Artwork, Monitor Surround and Marquee. But did the side and some of the front today and changed the TMolding so said i would post up something on it, because my fingers are killing me from being burnt by hot glue! It took me all day to do this.

Here is the cab, I got this of logie (Thanks again!) for free as mentioned before.

a1.jpg

Here it is after i changed the CP, Marquee and around the screen the last time.

b1.jpg

Today i changed the side art on one side only, as i ran out of white TMolding after i did one side. and two front panels. Im too lazy to paint, but luckily a friend of mine works in a printer place and printed off the entire sides and panels for me once i drew them up in Photoshop!

Behold.. one side..

1.jpg

Ive stuck on art a few times now and after chatting to me mate, who has done massive murals for google, the best way to do it is with a bottle filled with a tiny drop of washing up liquid and water. mix well, lightly spray the adhesive side of the art, apply and then squeegee it on, he gave me this credit card type tool to do it.

3.jpg

I done the two front panels first, here they are face down on the blue artwork. TMolding sitting on top of them.

4.jpg

While they dried i tore of the art from the sides. Hot air from hairdryer helps if its stuck on .

2.jpg

Sprayed some water on the art, stuck it on, squeegeed it out with that tool, trimmed the sides and spent two-three hours gluing that tmolding on, it needed a lot of glue!

Here is the half finished product, i trimmed the art on the front panels on the sides and around the coin door. I need to get some more White Tmolding before i apply the opposite side art. I also have a plain blue piece to go on where the one and two player buttons are and a blue piece to go on the underneath of that part too which ill probably do tomorrow.

5.jpg

Ill update this thread i guess when i do the rest.

6.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Awesomesauce :cool:

Also, how fukcing cool looking is it when you line up cabs like that. Something about multiple cabs that just oozes class :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha i agree, they look great, there is just something cool about a line of cabs!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

That Donkey Kong is fukcing awesome dude :eek:

Steve SI wrote: »
    That Donkey Kong is fukcing awesome dude :eek:

Thanks! It took ages but it was worth it, the tmolding was a nightmare to get on, the groove was wrecked from me pulling off two other sets of molding since i got it, so i had to hot glue it on all the way around.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Thanks! It took ages but it was worth it, the tmolding was a nightmare to get end, the groove was wrecked from me pulling off two other sets of molding since i got it, so i had to hot glue it on all the way around.

Do you have a Donkey Kong pcb for it?
    If not are they mega pricey and rare or easily picked up?

• Advertisement

No dont have donkeykong pcb, I have a 60 in 1 in it at the minute that has DK on it though. I need to send off the chassis to get a cap kit done on it. it works but its a bit shakey after a few minutes of being on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That looks amazing! Well done. I still can't believe you have so many cabs.

There's nothing like cabs lined up. It's just how they're meant to be.

Check out what a guy over on AO called KaToA did. He stuck mirrors on each side so it looks like a row of candies in an arcade. Genius!

Screen-shot-2012-09.jpg

Had some time today, so finished putting on the front bits, today i put on the part where you can see the 1 and 2 player buttons, and also put a blue piece on the underside of that, you cant see it in this photo but its blue under there.

So just have to wait for the white TMolding to arrive so i can put on the side art on that side and glue on the molding then done with this one!

IMG_2883.jpg

Amazing job, well done

What's your address again Keith?
    Oh and what day is the wedding and is it far from where you live, just curious is all ;)

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    What's your address again Keith?
    Oh and what day is the wedding and is it far from where you live, just curious is all ;)

Wedding is next wednesday! - I have a very brave cat guarding the house.. just saying.. beware the cat.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Wedding is next wednesday! - I have a very brave cat guarding the house.. just saying.. beware the cat.

Thats what chicken strips are for :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That looks great keith! Impressive stuff. The monitor looks tated? Lash in some vert shmups there. :p

Nice trio of woodies you have.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    trio of woodies

Retr0's fantasy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That looks great keith! Impressive stuff. The monitor looks tated? Lash in some vert shmups there. :p

Nice trio of woodies you have.

Yeh rotated it for the vertical 60 in 1 board i have in it. My dream is to have a room full of woodies. ;)

Advertisement