Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of building a bungalow

Options
  • 16-10-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, pretty new to all this, wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of what the price per sq/ft is now a days, i'm in north louth area. we're going to get plans done next week and we're set on a bungalow which is L shaped and around 1800sq/ft which will have wide hallway as we'd like to have the option of upstairs in the future. we're not looking for a hi tech build, it would be oil heating (rads), solar panels, log stove, back boiler, as for interior we'd be happy with a middling finish. i'd appreciate any guide prices or to here from anyone with experience of a similar build.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

Before I start I am a QS.

For an average build with nothing too fancy it should cost anything from €120,000 to €180,000 depending on your specification. Every Item you select will effect the price so there will always be a wide range in what it could be until you sign off on a specification.

When you get your plans, pay a Quantity Surveyor to do you up a detailed cost plant. It should cost you no more than €300 plus VAT but it
    will give you a much clearer cost plan than a simple one liner cost per ft2 which is nothing more than a guide.

Best of luck with your project

Advertisement