Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flu Symptoms

Options
  • 16-10-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am 6 months pregnant and with the last 2 days my body is absolutely aching all over. yesterday it was around my mid section but thankfully it's not so bad there today. My arms, legs and especially upper back are aching. Was in chemist and health shop this eve, vitamins was all that was recommended.

I'm happy with this but should I be visiting my doctor? Is there a need, not sure what she could do for me but don't want to take any chances.

What ye think?? I have no other symptoms apart from the aches.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I think you said it yourself. If you don't want to take any chances, see your gp. It'll put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

I have been layed up in bed the last couple of days with a very bad cold,aches head cold chesty and a lot of mucous build up.I put in a call to my gp for advice on what to do.She was happy for me to continue with rest,lots oranges,apracetamol,vicks and lempsip but she said if there was no improvement in couple of days then an anibiotic would be best.If you are worried put in a call to your gp,any decent gp will call you back,you are pregnant and need some advice.Hope you feel better soon:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

meggysmom wrote: »
    I have been layed up in bed the last couple of days with a very bad cold,aches head cold chesty and a lot of mucous build up.I put in a call to my gp for advice on what to do.She was happy for me to continue with rest,lots oranges,apracetamol,vicks and lempsip but she said if there was no improvement in couple of days then an anibiotic would be best.If you are worried put in a call to your gp,any decent gp will call you back,you are pregnant and need some advice.Hope you feel better soon:)
    Just a remark about the lemsip, be aware that not all types of lemsip can be taken in pregnancy. The plain lemsip is fine, but not the decongestant one.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Yes thanks Ivy,I have to be careful what I take anyway as anything with sudaphedrin in it i have an alergy,pretty much all decongestants and cough syrups,anything with just plain paracetamol is fine:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

meggysmom wrote: »
    Yes thanks Ivy,I have to be careful what I take anyway as anything with sudaphedrin in it i have an alergy,pretty much all decongestants and cough syrups,anything with just plain paracetamol is fine:)
    Ah! I just thought I'd let you know anyway, because it's only written on the notice INSIDE the box. I would have thought the fact that it can't be taken in pregnancy should be written outside, particularly when other products in the same line can be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 smilie215

Thank your for that advise Meggysmom, I phoned my gp this morn and spoke with nurse. She advised to call in so I did after work. Nurse looked at me and so did doctor. Was told to rest and plenty fluids/vitamins. I am to go back again on Fri for another check if not feeling better. It has put my mind at ease and glad I went!! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Advertisement