Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Cream Soda in Limerick?

Options
  • 16-10-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Quick question, got a taste for Cream Soda just there, havent seen those little luminous bottles in years - just wondering does anyone know where I could get some in the city?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Shannon Minerals shut down about 2 years ago afaik.

Dreadful, dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tesco do their own brand Cream Soda if that is any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Ohh I loved the neon cream soda :D and the lime one too.. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I remember loving Shannon Minerals 'lime juice and soda' as a kid. 20p a bottle. Ah memories :D

OP, as far as I know 'Country Spring' do a version. Theirs is called 'American Cream Soda'. Have definitely seen it in Dunnes before.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

What about raspberryade

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

What about raspberryade

I remember have that in hospital in Croom in the early 90s, had forgotten completely about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

What about raspberryade

Drink a 2 litre of that and your crap was raspberry coloured

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Have been looking for this aswell, I think I might have posted on the retro boards before about it.

Its easy to get Clear American Cream soda nowadays but it tastes and smells different.

The older stuff from the 80's and early 90's that was specifically a Yellow colour
    had a very unique smell off of it (be great if perfume or aftershave smelled like that Mmmm yummmy) and it tasted much better.

One weird thing for me was out of all the different Soda/Lemonades/fizzy drinks
    for some reason any time I drank it as a youth it gave me a stitch in my side
    after drinking one of the 20p bottles of it.

The newsagent in the Crescent Shopping center used to sell Jones sodas
    they do a cream soda thats clear and tastes alright or you can get the "Spring" 2l brand in
    Tesco.

http://www.jonessoda.com/
    ~B

Advertisement