Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail - 20% off

Options
  • 16-10-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Got this forwarded to me in work

As a special thank you to all employees in Taxsaver companies, Irish Rail are offering a 20% discount off on-line fares from Wednesday 17th October @ 2pm until Friday 19th October @ 2pm.

Has your employee booked their October Bank Holiday weekend away yet? Click here to get some great ideas.

The employee simply uses code *TS1367(input promotional code on payments page) from the dates above to avail of the 20% OFF the on-line fare.
    Hopefully someone saves some dosh ...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

The ennis/limerick to Dublin fares appear to be back at 9.99 each way again even though its advertised as 14.99 being their lowest fares. If you can use that code tomorrow on those routes, that's a heck of a saving if needing to travel those directions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

can anyone use that code?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

cjmcork wrote: »
    can anyone use that code?

Seems non-specific so Yes.

wowzer - thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Not working for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Not working for me

Can only be used between tomorrow @2pm until Friday @2pm.

Try tomorrow!

Great offer, thanks OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Woo hoo!! Actually in time to use a code!!!! :pac: Dublin here I come!!!!!!! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Irish Rail is an absolute rip-off in any instance.

Not taking away from the OP's alert, as it's a genuine bargain alert with 20% off.

Not taking away from the OP's alert, as it's a genuine bargain alert with 20% off.
    I don't usually use the train and just checked to see was the discount code working. I put in a return journey from Kildare to Heuston and couldn't believe what came up, €22.50 + €2 booking fee??? Rip off is right! It'd cost around €7 or €8 in petrol if I was to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,324 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I don't usually use the train and just checked to see was the discount code working. I put in a return journey from Kildare to Heuston and couldn't believe what came up, €22.50 + €2 booking fee??? Rip off is right! It'd cost around €7 or €8 in petrol if I was to drive.
    Don't forget parking in town and not being able to have a beer or three.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Don't forget parking in town and not being able to have a beer or three.
    It'd cost more to park in Kildare train station!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

While this is valid for you, this is not the case for everyone. Unfortunately some of us drive high performance vehicles which will cost over €25 in petrol alone to get from kildare to heuston. In which case these train fares actually do work out to be a bargain.

For example, for me to get the train to Galway it cost 40 euro, 34 euro if you book early. To drive costs over 60 euro in petrol and tolls. A 20% discount on this makes it even more of a bargain.

Not everyone is in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Do these work with tax saver tickets? Curious, may send it through to the boss if it does or anyone knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

lunacy....I got up and down to killarney for €20 e/w all summer. Same to Cork. Thats before I got the odd 20% off aswell.

Irishrail is way way cheaper than it used to be.

So it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

lunacy....I got up and down to killarney for €20 e/w all summer. Same to Cork. Thats before I got the odd 20% off aswell.

Irishrail is way way cheaper than it used to be.

So it is.

Yeah but they're mere facts you're relating not ill-informed mindless ramblings, haters gonna hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Thanks LizardKing - saved me a few quid on my weekend travel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Cheers OP.

Normally just buy the ticket in Hueston on my way home but decided to purchase online to see price difference.

Saved myself €20 (discount code saved me €7 of this) plus managed to book a seat instead of usual searching for one. I know what way I'll be booking in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Cheers OP!

€38 return to Cork is a lot less than I'd spend on diesel - plus no worries about a few pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

cheers, going cork this weekend so way cheaper than driving :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

LizardKing wrote: »
    Got this forwarded to me in work

Hopefully someone saves some dosh ...

Cheers OP, 2 adult & 1 student return from Limerick to Dublin, 65 notes. Saved me 16 quid, good man ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for posting this OP! Got my ticket for 38 lids!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

TRH1429 20% off book before midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

HI guys any more discount codes for irish rail??

Advertisement