Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover up? Add to it? Ideas?

Options
  • 16-10-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi everybody, been on Boards a while but dont think I've ever posted. I got this tattoo nearly two years ago in Wicklow Town. I had just turned 18 and had wanted a tattoo for ages so I decided on this. I dont regret it, I just think that it's very plain and the shading is quite poorly done!

I was just looking for maybe some examples of your tattoos that have been covered/redone/added to? Or some advice on which would be the better option. And I know that it's better to go in and talk to the artist etc. but I'm just trying to generate some ideas that I can build on!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I don't think it need's covering up, it looks fine. I'd love to add to it, maybe get a bit of colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I wouldn't cover it up if you like it, but some lines look thinner than others, so maybe get the lines sorted out in it.

I'd definitely add some bright colour to it to jazz it up a bit, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I guess it really depends on your opinion of star tattoos... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

i actually like the shading, kinda graffiti-esque,

• Registered Users Posts: 27 _red_6_

Cheers for the feedback! I think the shading just makes it look a bit messy..Was thinking of getting like red shades in the stars and shading done like this 37234_1389877500295_6671232_n.jpg But I dunno if the current shading will prevent that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

PLEASE don't get the stars done in two colours like it's done in the pic. That design is ridiculously overdone, every second person has it at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 _red_6_

Haha the nautical stars? Nah, I was thinking getting the 2 little onse filled, and the the bigger ones faded from the outside in... like the top one here (yes Im aware the pic is a girl :) )
    918948_f520.jpg

Advertisement