Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2H1 Minimum - Big 4

Options
  • 16-10-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey I have an offer (through an intership) with one of the big four but its on the condition I achive a 2H1 in my fianl year exams.

Just wondering how strict they are with this? And say if you are a percent or 2 off it would they leave you off?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭masoodsarwar

Biscan05 wrote: »
    Hey I have an offer (through an intership) with one of the big four but its on the condition I achive a 2H1 in my fianl year exams.

Just wondering how strict they are with this? And say if you are a percent or 2 off it would they leave you off?

Thanks

well. I will say Big 4 are kinda strict about this but then it will come down to case to case basis. there is no rule of thumb.

One lad in my master class had a job offer form PWC on the condition that he achieves 2:1. He was just 1% short and they cancelled his contract.

but this is just one example. You might get away with that.

Best thing is ring HR and ask them. cuz one way or the other you have to tell them or they will know. Earlier you know, better it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rin12

Any other instances of this people know of?

Seems a bit of a bummer to get the job, and then lose it just before the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Rin12 wrote: »
    Any other instances of this people know of?

Seems a bit of a bummer to get the job, and then lose it just before the summer!

You haven't got the job, you've got a conditional offer of a job assuming you meet all necessary criteria which was clearly explained. A 2.1 isn't honestly that hard, it just takes work. OP unless you have extenuating circumstances I highly doubt they'll make an exception as honestly it just comes across as lazy. You know what you need to get to ensure you get the job and if you don't work hard enough to get it then it just sets a bad impression.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 headhoncho1

well. I will say Big 4 are kinda strict about this but then it will come down to case to case basis. there is no rule of thumb.

One lad in my master class had a job offer form PWC on the condition that he achieves 2:1. He was just 1% short and they cancelled his contract.

but this is just one example. You might get away with that.

Best thing is ring HR and ask them. cuz one way or the other you have to tell them or they will know. Earlier you know, better it is.

He had to get a 2.1 in his masters, or a 2.1 to get his masters? If it's the former - ouch!

Advertisement