Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daddys dileama question!!

Options
  • 16-10-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Question for people - would you go on holiday for a week with your 2 year old daughter but leaving your 6 month pregnant wife at home!?

Mentioned it to a few people at home and people are split 50/50 - no way would they leave pregnant wife in case anything happened but other half are yes, 2 year old would have a ball of a time and the chances of anything 'stirring' at home are remote.

By the way, the wife wants me to go but I'm far from convinced I should.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charl0tte

Question for people - would you go on holiday for a week with your 2 year old daughter but leaving your 6 month pregnant wife at home!?

Mentioned it to a few people at home and people are split 50/50 - no way would they leave pregnant wife in case anything happened but other half are yes, 2 year old would have a ball of a time and the chances of anything 'stirring' at home are remote.

Then never mind what anybody else says. So long as there are no issues and her pregnancy is going well, then theres nothing to stop you. I think it's sweet you get to have some daddy daughter time before the newbie arrives. You'll even have the opportunity to have a few chats with her about the baby coming and make sure she feels included in the whole thing, and jealousy doesn't come into it. Go I say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

If your wife wants you to go, go!:)
    As tHe above poster said,it'll be nice to make a fuss of the 2 year old before baby comes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭ariana`

Can your wife not go as well?

I wouldn't mind my husband heading off without me, he left me for a week when i was pregnant with our 1st but i wasn't as far along as 6mths. I'm not sure if i'd want my 2yr old going - i think i'd miss him too much and i'd worry that it would confuse him not seeing mammy for a whole week even though he'd have his daddy which means he probably wouldn't even notice that i'm not there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

No, mammy can't go as she can't get off work. Thanks for the replies - will have to think on it for another while before I decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Is the only option now or never?

My OH went back to his home country for 10 days when I was 7 months; I told him I didn't mind, and I didn't really, but that was cos I didn't mind missing out on 10 days with my in-laws ;) If it was a nice holiday somewhere, and I was feeling I was missing out, I'd probably have been a bit more peeved. No chance you can hold off on the holiday until after your next nipper arrives, and all 4 of you go?

• Advertisement

We're hoping and saving to go next September. This week in January came up out of the blue as my parents are going as well and it would cost hardly anything for my daughter and I to go as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would go,I have asked my husband to stay in the country for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy other then that he will be travelling a lot.
    I think it would be a rest for her and there is no issue unless it is a high risk pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

If your wife is ok with it then I'd go. I think it's a lovely thing to do with your daughter and your wife will get a weeks rest at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I'd say go as well! If your wife's pregnancy is going as should be there's really nothing to worry about there. Make some back up point of contact with a friend/ work mate if you're concerned about that aspect.

Your wife might not be able to get the week off work, but I bet she'd love the suggestion of taking one days holidays (if possible) while you're away so she can have a full day to herself to lie in, relax and pamper herself a little while knowing your two year old is happy on holidays with you, before the rush of getting organised for the next little one.

Love to get an unexpected week for yourself and your daughter as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Nowhere is more than a few hours from home, if need be, these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Id say def go - but make sure 100% she is happy with you going! some women are crazy and irrational like me and while we tell u to go we dont mean it...... :P
    Really tho - if all was well i really wouldnt mind himself going - he did for a fair few weekends and no doubt will again this time - leaving me with an 8 month old as well as a bump - everyone needs a break - and your spending quality time with ur little one! you both get a break! win : win:)

dublinlady wrote: »
    Id say def go - but make sure 100% she is happy with you going! some women are crazy and irrational like me and while we tell u to go we dont mean it...... :P
    Really tho - if all was well i really wouldnt mind himself going - he did for a fair few weekends and no doubt will again this time - leaving me with an 8 month old as well as a bump - everyone needs a break - and your spending quality time with ur little one! you both get a break! win : win:)

Thanks all - looks like I'm going so once everything is ok with herself and the bump!

Advertisement