Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Service" iPhone 4/4s/5 Three Network

Options
  • 16-10-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Folks,

I sincerely hope I didn't overlook a similar thread. There's a bundle of issues going on here.

I've recently left O2 (I wont bore you with the reasons €€€€€) and moved to Three. I'm using my 4s (factory unlocked) and it drops the network regularly and without warning and comes back with strong signal after a cold re-start.
    I've given up on the 4/4s family - I don't think the antennae issues were ever properly resolved.

Has anyone had a better experience with the iPhone 5 on Three? I would like to stick with IOS (all my home systems run it) but I'm afraid I may have to resort to a non-iphone device to get a non-interrupted service !!!

Frustrated,
    :(

P.S. I'm tied into 23 more months with Three - I may try to break out if I can't resolve this.....

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi Folks,

I sincerely hope I didn't overlook a similar thread. There's a bundle of issues going on here.

I've recently left O2 (I wont bore you with the reasons €€€€€) and moved to Three. I'm using my 4s (factory unlocked) and it drops the network regularly and without warning and comes back with strong signal after a cold re-start.
    I've given up on the 4/4s family - I don't think the antennae issues were ever properly resolved.

Has anyone had a better experience with the iPhone 5 on Three? I would like to stick with IOS (all my home systems run it) but I'm afraid I may have to resort to a non-iphone device to get a non-interrupted service !!!

Frustrated,
    :(

P.S. I'm tied into 23 more months with Three - I may try to break out if I can't resolve this.....

Did it work on O2?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Could you get a prepay sim from another network and try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bad_Sneakers

whiterebel wrote: »

Did it work on O2?
    Yes. I had no problems network wise there. It's three sharing vodafone 2G network on iPhone which causes problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm even getting it on my Samsung S3 (previously had the ip4) and getting the very same.
    Having to restart the phone to repick back up the network is a PITA.
    On 3 in the limerick area.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes. I had no problems network wise there. It's three sharing vodafone 2G network on iPhone which causes problems...

So nothing to do with the antenna. As usual, a problem with 3......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bad_Sneakers

Hi Responders,

Yes I'm leaning very much towards getting out of my contract - I know it'll be a battle but I'm going into it "festival fit".

I intend having loads of evidence of dropped network - screenshots, log files from phone etc...

Does anyone have any other advice about approaching this shoddy network?

P.S. I have no problem handing back my 'Free' 4s (it's in the small print somewhere I believe) - they're welcome to it !!!! I just want OUT :-|

Thanks for replies so far people :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm on iPhone 5 with 3 and having no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CitiGavin

faceman wrote: »
    I'm on iPhone 5 with 3 and having no issues.
    Well done for even getting a Iphone 5 off 3 to start with. I guess your not a upgrade customer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

CitiGavin wrote: »
    Well done for even getting a Iphone 5 off 3 to start with. I guess your not a upgrade customer.

I was an existing 3 customer so yes it was an upgrade. Got one on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

CitiGavin wrote: »

What's the latest "myth" about upgrade customers and iPhone 5? Not a "heard from a mate..." fable etc by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

So what phone are you using?If its factory unlocked its hardly the Three supplied one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

I'm using my 4s (factory unlocked) and it drops the network regularly and without warning and comes back with strong signal after a cold re-start.

I recently upgraded from my own SIM-free iPhone 4 on 3 to a subsidised iPhone 5 (no hardware or software differences between iPhones, mind you). I previously had an issue in areas of poor signal (including along many parts of the Blanchardstown to Dublin city centre train line) where the handset would drop down to GPRS and stay there, being slow to come back onto 3G even once the city was reached.

The iPhone5 will still drop 3G signal at the worst section of the line (a deep cutting near Glasnevin cemetery), but is now pretty good at coming back up to 3G again. A noticeable improvement. It's also a truly excellent phone.

Advertisement