Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA Beds

Options
  • 16-10-2012 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've recently bought a house and mainly because I don't have much money left, I am buying 3 beds in IKEA. The bed sizes are 140 x 200CM and 160 x 200CM. What size are these in Queen, Double etc speak?
    I heard that I may have to buy all IKEA sheets etc. Is this true?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

chrisp2281 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've recently bought a house and mainly because I don't have much money left, I am buying 3 beds in IKEA. The bed sizes are 140 x 200CM and 160 x 200CM. What size are these in Queen, Double etc speak?
    I heard that I may have to buy all IKEA sheets etc. Is this true?
    Thanks in advance
    140 is a double and 160 is King.
    Those are standard sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

Perfect. Thanks a million. At least I can get real sheets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Are double beds not 4'6" or 135cm
    queen sized/ 5' beds 150cm and king /6" beds not 180cm wide?

that's what I thought actually. Does the 10CM make much difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

that's what I thought actually. Does the 10CM make much difference?

about 10cm's of a difference..

• Advertisement

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    about 10cm's of a difference..

Very clever. I'd say you can find loads more posts to comment on unnecessarily!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Very clever. I'd say you can find loads more posts to comment on unnecessarily!!

Actually, I was being serious, go look at 10cm on a ruler, it's not a small amount for things like fitted sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I know this is an old thread but just about to buy an ikea bed and here's what I have found. There is a good chart here of the various different bed sizes.

Basically there are different standards between the size of beds in the UK&Ireland and Europe(Ikea). I've found that with the double size beds fitted sheets for UK&I size (135cm) will just about fit the Ikea double size beds (140cm). Moving up a size though fitted sheets won't work for king size beds UK&I 150cm vs Ikea 160cm. Moving up another size again to super king and everything is the same at 180cm.

Some of the Ikea mattresses come in UK&Ireland sizes but all the bed frames come only in European sizes so with king size especially you can be left with significant gaps on either side when you use a UK&I king size mattress with an Ikea king size bed frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

yeah i bought an ikea double bed but used the mattress i already had. fits fine on the sides but the mattress is a bit short relative to the frame. means i've had to wedge something in at the end of the bed to stop the mattress slipping and opening a gap at the headboard.

Advertisement