Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Dropbox Space for UCD Students (Minimum 8GB free for 2 years)

Options
  • 15-10-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Dropbox is giving away free space to UCD students!

The more students who go on and verify their UCD emails, the more space everyone in UCD gets. It's a team game. The main catch unfortunately is that the free space only lasts for 2 years, but still it's better than nothing!

If you have Dropbox already click this link and verify your UCD email, if you haven't been converted to how handy Dropbox is for saving files in the cloud then click the link as well and get extra free space for the referral:

https://www.dropbox.com/spacerace?r=NTEzNjA3Mjc5OQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I now have 64 gigs of drop box space. Which is slightly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

79.12 :D Apparently i'm using 10.9% of that, i think most is probably camera uploads.

As I was writing this UCD just went to 8GB free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Man, and I thought what my 17GB was impressive. How in the hell did you guys manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Raphael wrote: »
    Man, and I thought what my 17GB was impressive. How in the hell did you guys manage that?

I've 48 for 2 years with my phone, 8 from ucd now, 3 from camera uploads and a couple of gb from dropbox quests.

I also maxed out my referrals by getting a Google adwords voucher and running a cloud hosting ad campaign with my referral link :D

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Yeah I'm on 34GB now, which is also slightly ridiculous! Shame this extra space is only for two years!

• Advertisement

Yeah same as above, Samsung smart phones seem to come with a pretty long voucher. I use dropbox quite a lot, I think I have 22 gigs of photos on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2 Hell and Back

Bumping this.. remember if enough people join we can get 25GB free space.

We are close to 15GB free space. Guaranteed 8GB at the moment

Use the OP`s link or mine and we will get bonus space too :)

https://www.dropbox.com/spacerace?r=NTY0MzgxMjU5OQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

errlloyd wrote: »
    I now have 64 gigs of drop box space. Which is slightly ridiculous.

Please tell me how!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2 Hell and Back

Keep joining;

we need a few more people to join to get an extra 7gb free; currently 8GB free for everyone; we need 130 more points for everyone to get the 15GB free.

Wahey, just hit 15GB. Thanks and congratulations to everybody.

Anyone know how long this is going for?

• Advertisement

2 years I believe. Though I think we lose our connect accounts shortly after graduating.

Yeah, but you can have the dropbox account linked to any email address, and just validate the ucd one.

What I was actually asking, and apparently wasn't clear about, is how much longer the space race event is going on for.

Raphael wrote: »
    Yeah, but you can have the dropbox account linked to any email address, and just validate the ucd one.

What I was actually asking, and apparently wasn't clear about, is how much longer the space race event is going on for.

We can keep gathering points until December 10, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. PT. All the details are here if you're interested.

Pretty cool how much free space it's giving though!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

Store all your files online and access them anywhere. Very handy.

Desktop application makes things even easier.

15GB of free space for UCD students..this could go up to 25gb if we get enough people.

Join https://www.dropbox.com/spacerace?r=NTY0MzgxMjU5OQ

This offer is ending in the next week or so for students. Sign up for 18GB of free online storage. (Usually only 3GB)

Which means you can access your files anywhere. In college, in the jungle, the outback, or wherever you can get internet! Link below

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Sort of unrelated, but interesting all the same - Dropbox are locating their HQ in Dublin. :)

Dropbox and Centric Health to create over 240 new jobs

I got an email on Tuesday 4th December to say there was only one week left to get your 18GB of free memory (its normally only 3GB!!).

Can`t remember if you need your student email but if you do you can change it to use whatever email you like straight afterwords.

FREE SPACE FOR ALL YOUR IMPORTANT FILES!!!

Which you can access anywhere in the world with an internet connection.

VERY HANDY FOR AUTOMATICALLY SYNCHING PHOTOS FROM SMARTPHONES TO YOUR DESKTOP!!

So get it today, or before Tuesday..(maybe Tuesday 11th at the latest!)

Link for it:

I got an email on Tuesday 4th December to say there was only one week left to get your 18GB of free memory (its normally only 3GB!!).

Can`t remember if you need your student email but if you do you can change it to use whatever email you like straight afterwords.

FREE SPACE FOR ALL YOUR IMPORTANT FILES!!!

Which you can access anywhere in the world with an internet connection.

VERY HANDY FOR AUTOMATICALLY SYNCHING PHOTOS FROM SMARTPHONES TO YOUR DESKTOP!!

So get it today, or before Tuesday..(maybe Tuesday 11th at the latest!)

Link for it:

Last chance today for this. If its not too late already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Last chance today for this. If its not too late already.
    Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about it! Myself and a few others here just got the extra space so it's still working.

Looks like we won't be reaching the full 25GB free... still need over 1800 points. We can't really complain about getting 15GB free though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement