Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby gifts

Options
  • 15-10-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Has anyone got any ideas for a nice baby present for a baby girl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Has anyone got any ideas for a nice baby present for a baby girl?
    I found the best presents I got were bags full of different bits and pieces. Some clothes, socks, nappies, teething rings, wipes etc.
    Or when I was born somebody got me a little duvet made with my naMe, date and time of birth and weight embroidered on it and I still have it. I love it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

A grobag is always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I have a little girl and got some gorgeous outfits. The best present she got imo was a hamper with baby wash, nappy cream etc and a pink comforter with her name and DOB stitched on it. Absolutely love the comforter and the rest came in very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 music_lover

Clothes from Next , adorable and wash very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I know its tempting to get cutesy outfits, but we got wayyyy too many of them sized 3-6 months. I'd suggest babygrows for 0-3 or 3-6 then outfits for 6-9 months ... skirts etc are just not that practical or comfortable for younger babies.

A bumbo chair would also be a nice pressie or books either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 music_lover

I do love my bumbo chair, they are about 50 euro in Smyths, pricey but something u will have for ages

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

cook food for the parents, that I what I have asked people for this time.
    One less thing for me to worry about.
    My daughter got a beautiful snow globe from her godfather.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Moonbeam wrote: »
    My daughter got a beautiful snow globe from her godfather.

Hi Moonbeam,
    Do you know where he got the snow globe? it sounds like a good idea for something for my niece for her christening?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tierneys.
    I know there is one in Blanch shopping centre.

http://www.tierneysgifts.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Thanks for all the suggestions. i bought her a voucher for babygro babies. I love the bears....going to get two made for my own boys after Christmas. Its something she will always have. I also got her a grobag and had it embroidered.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭Morph the Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

fatfriar wrote: »
    H

Are you re-asking the question? A wallaboo would be a great gift, in this cold weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Full outfits from age 12 months plus. Like if it's a boy then interchangeable tracksuit bottoms, tshirts, jumpers and socks. For example I got a pair of tracksuit bottoms in navy and green, two tshirts that worked with them, one jumper that matched them and matching socks. It's brilliant. Under 12 months comfortable vests, baby grows or outfits. And nothing with skinny legs.

Similarly (im told) for girls, if you buy them an outfit get the matching leggings, socks, cardigans etc not just a standalone dress

• Registered Users Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I love the idea of practical baby gifts but they're not very much fun

Gift vouchers for days out would be a nice idea. if there's any open farms, or botanical gardens nearby.

It's really nice to go somewhere like Bunratty folk park or Dublin zoo on a nice spring or summer day, especially of the mother has been cooped up in the house all week and I find the summer really expensive because these day trips do cost a fair bit of money.

You could also get them a Heritage card. Family cards are valid for 1 year and give free access to the OPW managed sites around Ireland. (depending on where you live, this is either good value, or a bit of a waste because a lot of the sites are free anyway)

Advertisement