Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympus OM10

Options
  • 15-10-2012 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Just wanted some advice. I've recently come into posession of an Olympus OM10 camera with a Miranda 49mm skylight filter and 50mm zoom lens.
    Currently, I have no clue how to get it working as I'm a newbie when it comes to analogue cameras.
    I'll be taking it down to my local camera cabin to see if I can get it repaired but I'd like to know what it's worth if anything and if anyone can offer an insight into how it operates.
    I'm very much a child of the digital revolution but as much as a hassle it can be to get film developed, I'm open to the idea of using an "old fashioned" analogue camera.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

did it come with the bolt-on manual adapter? it should be fairly obvious if it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No, no adapter. Just the camera, lens, filter and a travel case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

When you say get it repaired, what seems to be wrong with it?

If it's just "not working," I'd first try some Batteries for the meter (it seems to be 2 SR44 types, but google will help) and see if it beeps (it's supposed to).

Then a 24 exposure roll of your favourite film loaded in there, then go and point and play, followed by a trip to your local D&P shop - and then the anticipation - "how did it turn out?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Okie dokie. I'll try that out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If it is alive, make sure you set the film speed (ASA) dial to match the ASA of the film.

Actually, if you have never loaded film before, you might want to find out or ask how that is done before proceeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JesterWX58

I'd be interested to know how you get on with the OM-10. I still have my first two which got me started in Photography all those years ago. I picked up an OM1 OM2 and an OM20 later when they sold for a few quid on eBay in the digital age. I hve a lot of lenses I picked up cheap as well. I haven't loaded a roll of film in years but it's always on the back of my mind to get back into film someday.

Advertisement