Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOYCOTT DEBENHAMS

Options
  • 15-10-2012 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Irishmen and Irishwoman save your money and please BOYCOTT Debenhams in Ireland. There are discriminating against all Irish people by not allowing residents of Ireland to purchase cheaper goods from their Debenhams.com website. All other countries in Europe and others outside too are able to purchase freely from this website but not the Irish.

They are offering their goods at least a 10% premium after exchange rates and VAT rates are taken into account on their Irish website and yet those in resident in Ireland are allowed to purchase from this site. We are being ripped off once against. It's about time we stood up to companies such as Debenhams.

Until Debenhams rectify this overcharging please boycott and shop elsewhere. Please pass this message on.

Your sincerely
    Save the Pennies
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

so every other country can buy from the .com site? but not us? seems a bit rich in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

The countries that Debenhams deliver to don't have their own Debenham's site and Debenham's charge a minimum of £7 delivery charge to them.

Debenham's.ie is free delivery and the prices I briefly compared seem the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Rip Off Ireland.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 I M Wright

The countries that Debenhams deliver to don't have their own Debenham's site and Debenham's charge a minimum of £7 delivery charge to them.

Debenham's.ie is free delivery and the prices I briefly compared seem the same.

The only reason they have an Irish website is because they know they can rip off the Irish customer! Free delivery yet everything is 10% more expensive. That to me does not make sense. I'm sure you would find that everything would come from their UK depot. Stop making excuses and start asking questions. Why is so much more expensive to purchase goods from the Irish website! VAT and exchange are only a part of the answer.

Yes approx 40 other countries can purchase from the .com website but the Irish have their own .ie website where we are the only country able to purchase from it. Why? I guess Debenhams can get away with charging the Irish more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

its taken you until now to find out Debenhams extortionate pricing?? - Its been going on for YEARS!

When a local sweet shop is 30% cheaper than Debenhams for a gift item, you start to wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

you should do a search on boards.ie for Debenhams ( lower case letters )
    but on another point.
    why dont you go to the dot.com website and make an order there,
    wait for it,
    and use parcelmotel to get your order shipped in as a uk purchase.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 23,992 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Normal people only walk around Debenhams to keep out of the rain or the cold. These people buy nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN OF IRELAND, PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS THREAD!

danwhite88 wrote: »
    MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN OF IRELAND, PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS THREAD!

Wow Dan can put a sentence together! Why should be boycott this thread Dan you muppet! Just goes to show how ignorant you are!

• Advertisement

In fairness sandin I've known about it for years but their website is discriminatory to Irish people or do you not realise the point I am making. I dont shop in their Henry Street store for the very good reason that its so expensive.

I M Wright infracted for uncivil behaviour to other posters.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I M Wright wrote: »
    Irishmen and Irishwoman save your money and please BOYCOTT Debenhams in Ireland. There are discriminating against all Irish people by not allowing residents of Ireland to purchase cheaper goods from their Debenhams.com website. All other countries in Europe and others outside too are able to purchase freely from this website but not the Irish.

They are offering their goods at least a 10% premium after exchange rates and VAT rates are taken into account on their Irish website and yet those in resident in Ireland are allowed to purchase from this site. We are being ripped off once against. It's about time we stood up to companies such as Debenhams.

Until Debenhams rectify this overcharging please boycott and shop elsewhere. Please pass this message on.

Your sincerely
    Save the Pennies

Except Germany.

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_099010670070_-1

http://www.debenhams.de/produkt/chinos-mit-geradem-bein-gelbbraun/099010670070/?categoryId=845512

Cheaper in Ireland.

Prices are all over the place, some cheaper in Ireland .. some cheaper in Germany.

Perhaps you should compare the German and Irish website rather than a site with two different currencies.

Dear Dudura, how exactly was my post a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner? I was merely pointing out the lack of intelligence of Danwhite88 for his needlessly idiotic and manner of his comment being a waste of time! You must have a lack of time on your hands if you are monitoring my replies. Just goes to show how how idiotic people are in this country and that they deserve everything that's coming to them.

Dear I M Wright,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

dudara

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I M Wright

Wow Dan can put a sentence together! Why should be boycott this thread Dan you muppet! Just goes to show how ignorant you are!

On Boards, you attack the post, not the poster. In your case, you were extremely uncivil and rude to another poster. This is not tolerated. Your post was reported by other users, hence my review and subsequent action.

If you have an issue with the decision, then please do not comment on the thread (taking it off-topic). Instead you can use the Feedback forum or Dispute Resolution process.

dudara

I dont speak German so why would I go on the German equivalent? Thankfully I am able to do maths and work out the cheapest option. If I wish to purchase in sterling then I will purchase in sterling and take the hit on exchange. Why on earth are you showing a link for chinos anyway? Who on actually wears them nowadays? I guess you are another 1d1ot that scans these pages looking for so called errors. Just goes to show how myopic your view is on life. We live in Europe, Ireland is merely a state now. Why do we not have the freedom to purchase goods from any European country NO MATTER WHAT THE CURRENCY! They way Europe is going I'm sure German will be my kids first language soon enough.

Tell me, are you sitting in your negative equity home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I dont speak German so why would I go on the German equivalent? Thankfully I am able to do maths and work out the cheapest option. If I wish to purchase in sterling then I will purchase in sterling and take the hit on exchange. Why on earth are you showing a link for chinos anyway? Who on actually wears them nowadays? I guess you are another 1d1ot that scans these pages looking for so called errors. Just goes to show how myopic your view is on life. We live in Europe, Ireland is merely a state now. Why do we not have the freedom to purchase goods from any European country NO MATTER WHAT THE CURRENCY! They way Europe is going I'm sure German will be my kids first language soon enough.

There is just so much wrong with this post:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

They way Europe is going I'm sure German will be my kids first language soon enough.

Wait, what was this thread about again? :confused:

dudara wrote: »
    On Boards, you attack the post, not the poster. In your case, you were extremely uncivil and rude to another poster. This is not tolerated. Your post was reported by other users, hence my review and subsequent action.

If you have an issue with the decision, then please do not comment on the thread (taking it off-topic). Instead you can use the Feedback forum or Dispute Resolution process.

dudara

what a ridiculous thing to say 'you attack the post not the poster'. If a comment is idiotic then clearly the author is idiotic NO? That's just like saying if a car in a crash then you blame the car and not the driver? Why on earth would I want to 'attack' anything anyway. Have you got anger issues. I am merely stating facts with my observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'm Irish, speak Dutch and German and live in the Netherlands.

Product is just an example of a product priced in Euros for the same site, products are shipped from the same place.

As I said some stuff is more expensive and some stuff is cheaper, if you want to ship to Germany though you have to Purchase from the German site and cannot purchase in Sterling.

Therefore your argument that they are targeting Irish Consumers is invalid.

When I'm looking for a product online, i'll shop around and find the best price/best supplier, but i'm not really too bothered if a site is more expensive, i'll just simply move on.

Its not unusual, since I shop in the Euro equivalent Dutch and German stores that are priced in Euro I can tell you that there are price differences all over the place, its not specific to Ireland.

In this case Debenhams do not sell in sterling to the Irish or German market, whatever their reasons they do not have to either.

So instead of complaining about the Sterling/Euro price, perhaps just shop elsewhere (Maybe Google Translate will give you some more options)

I don't get this at all. ^^

• Advertisement

I guess you are another 1d1ot that scans these pages looking for so called errors.

Really? Did you not learn from your mistake the first time round?

Closing this thread, before you annoy any more posters. Take the time to get familiar with how Boards works before you post again.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement