Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamsandwich - White Fox

Options
  • 15-10-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I recently picked up this album in a charity shop and have to say I loved it. It really is stunning, full of amazing catchy tracks and awesome ideas.

But what I find the most startling is that they are not more famous. I hadn't heard of them until last year, because they were play Indiependence (I think) or at least I heard of them at around that time.

Their musical stylings are as good if not better in many ways as anything coming out of the Irish music scene, but they are clearly having major traction issues.

And I reckon it's all in the name. In fairness if you heard the name you'd assume it was some sort of joke band, I know I did.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I got their album Carry The Meek around the time it was released. It had three decent songs and then a load of rubbish ones. That CD was shortly confined to no man's land. I wasn't even aware that they made a second album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

You should see them play live, amazing! They played 3 times over the weekend of Electric Picnic. I got to see them play twice. Highly recommend to see them play live, full of energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Seen them playing at the Benicassim festival in Spain during the summer. Didnt really know much of their stuff but went along to support them anyway as they were an Irish band.

They were superb, one of the highlights of my week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I have to say I've warmed to them a bit more with what I've heard from the new album.

Also like this video:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DanCooper

kevc2 wrote: »
    You should see them play live, amazing! They played 3 times over the weekend of Electric Picnic. I got to see them play twice. Highly recommend to see them play live, full of energy!

Was hoping to see the at Valentia Island Festival, but wasn't able to make it down. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 CallMeByMyName

Seen them llive at sea sessions festival this year..they're feckin great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ants is one of the best Irish singles of recent times. Great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I love Ham Sandwich! They played a good bit in Galway, and always drew a decent crowd. I still listen to them actually :)

They are playing in the Half Moon Cork this weekend. Gonna try and go!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I got their album Carry The Meek around the time it was released. It had three decent songs and then a load of rubbish ones. That CD was shortly confined to no man's land. I wasn't even aware that they made a second album.

The first album wasn't great, but the guitarist/songwriter left and they sound like a completely different band since imho. White Fox is one of my favourite albums, some really great songs on there. They've evolved into a really promising Irish act, and are well worth seeing live if you get the chance! :)

• Advertisement

DanCooper wrote: »
    They are playing in the Half Moon Cork this weekend. Gonna try and go!

They were great!!

7ad48f30215a11e2bea8123138105209_7.jpg
    http://instagram.com/p/RWFgMgPaXM/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Have supported them twice now (once on New Year's Eve in the Village - crazy gig) and they put on a great show every time!

Plus they are the nicest people! I wish them all the luck in the world.

Advertisement