Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband stick giving a blue Screen

Options
  • 15-10-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Ages since I posted but am pulling my hair out here,

I have a fully functional Dell Dimension here in the office, but every time I put a 02 broadband stick into in I get a Blue Screen with

Stop 0x0000007e(0xc000000c5, 0x0006c006f, 0xed62EA0XC, 0xED62E708)

Have 2 modems both causing the same issue.

any ideas, all drivers have been updated, I removed all AV software, it works in Safe mode, well no BSOD anyway.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Try uninstall, reboot, and re-install the device drivers for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Have you tried different usb sockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

trying that now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

did that, it worked until i rebooted, then got the same message.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you have any other broadband modems installed ie 3, meteor, vodafone etc. drivers remove all of them including the o2 ones. Then just re-install the o2 ones. Those drivers are a good definition of crappy programming so can cause all sorts of problems/crashes in my expierience on all platforms. Out of interest if there is a .sys file mentioned in the bsod which one is it?

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement