Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding at 5 weeks?

Options
  • 15-10-2012 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Not looking for medical advice but just wondering if anyone else has experienced bleeding while pregnant? I started cramping Saturday evening, nothing too bad, just like normal period pains on the right hand side. Had cramps again yesterday and found blood when I went to the bathroom, it wasn't a lot but was definitely more than spotting :( It seemed to be gone after wiping and I checked every 15 minutes but it returned a few hours later. Attended the local maternity where the doctor did a cervical exam and said there was any active bleed which was a good sign. He took a blood sample and told me to ring for results this evening. The cramping is gone but the bleeding returned last night. It's not any heavier than a regular period would be and it gets a lot worse when I stand up, it seems a lot lighter if I stay lying down. The doctor said bleeding in early pregnancy is quite common but there's no way of telling until my bloodwork comes back and they can monitor my hormone levels. My partner is being brilliant and staying positive but TBH I'm fearing the worst :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I bled at 7 weeks. I Freaked out. It's beyond scary. Bled on and off, more than spotting too, more like a light period.
    Apparently far more common than people think- I know it's better to err on the side of caution, but I wished at the time that it was common knowledge that it could happen, I was so scared.
    Everything was perfect though, no problems during preg or anything like that.
    Hope the results are good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Rang the hospital and they said my hormone levels are low so I have to go back on Friday to get more bloods done :( I'm trying to stay positive but it's really not looking good at this stage. I might just be paranoid but my boobs aren't sore anymore and my nausea is gone too :( I might pick up another hpt tomorrow just to see what it says.

Could you be earlier in preg than you realised? Might be a reason for the lower than expected hormones, and the blood test on Friday might be just to make sure that the level is rising?
    Really hope everything is ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Thanks :D They did ask me at the hospital if I was sure of the date, I have been charting but I remember not logging my last period until it was almost over so maybe I did get the date wrong but if so, it could only be 2 or 3 days out. I suppose I'll just have to wait til Friday and see :(

No idea about charting, but hopefully thats the explaination for levels being low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hope your ok mrspostman, very difficult with not knowing :( hope it's a dating error and all is ok. Your as well to stay positive til fri anyway if you can, easier said than done :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shazmeister

Hi I just saw this post and am now in d exact same situation and am wondering if its ok to ask u how did urs turn out??
    Thanks :D They did ask me at the hospital if I was sure of the date, I have been charting but I remember not logging my last period until it was almost over so maybe I did get the date wrong but if so, it could only be 2 or 3 days out. I suppose I'll just have to wait til Friday and see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shazmeister

Hi I'm liking for anyone that was in similar situation, I'm 5 weeks pregnant and woke up to period blood today, went to hospital but they couldn't c anything on scan. They said it could be too early but they took blood and then rang to say my hormone level is low but still there and come back in 2 days time to c if its gotten higher. Has anyone had this happen to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Johnny31

my partner had bleeding at 6 weeks.. really really heavy bleeding.. we feared the worst..Went to maternity hospital and they couldnt find heartbeat and said it was a suspected miscarriage.. this was late on a saturday night...

They scheduled an appt for the following monday... We found a heartbeat on the monday and we are now 22 weeks pregnant.. Cant wait... The bleeding scared us but we hospital said it was a common occurence in pregnancy

Advertisement