Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free telescope to worthy cause

Options
  • 15-10-2012 2:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

I am changing my telescope and will be giving the old one away. I have no camera mount.

It is an 8 year old in roughish condition
    Celestron AstroMaster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

Where abouts are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

keithg89 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you?

Sorry when I mean worthy I mean childrens youth group or poor astronomy club, not for individual

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

No worries. Was just looking for one for my little brother. Worthy cause would be better. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Fair play to you OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Fair play to you OP.

Ditto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

I am changing my telescope and will be giving the old one away. I have no camera mount.

It is an 8 year old in roughish condition
    Celestron AstroMaster

How about giving it to a local 2ndary school, care of the physics teacher, maybe to set up a club within the school, could be used in a physics project.

Back when I went to school one physics teacher was a great inspiration to me (unfortunatly didn't have him as a physics teacher) but he had his own scope in the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

Tomk1 wrote: »
    How about giving it to a local 2ndary school, care of the physics teacher, maybe to set up a club within the school, could be used in a physics project.
    I suggested this to the OP but never received a reply...

Tomk1 wrote: »

Back when I went to school one physics teacher was a great inspiration to me (unfortunatly didn't have him as a physics teacher) but he had his own scope in the school.

great idea.

But I had an e mail from a youth club in meath.

They want the scope and someone to deliver a talk to the members on club nights. Anyone near Navan here, with good astro knowledge.

pm you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

Still no replies after promises that I'd get the scope. I wonder if the scope exists at all...

• Advertisement
Advertisement