Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard Broken

Options
  • 15-10-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'm after spilling tea all over my keyboard (smart yes I know) and now my keyboard is completely unresponsive (I am unable to log back in)
    Would connecting a desktop keyboard via usb solve my problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Shane St. wrote: »
    I'm after spilling tea all over my keyboard (smart yes I know) and now my keyboard is completely unresponsive (I am unable to log back in)

Unplug laptop, take out battery asap, to prevent the problem possibly getting worse.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/askjack/2012/jul/05/drink-spilled-on-laptop

Then, hopefully, someone more knowledgeable than I will tell you what to do to fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Shane St. wrote: »

In a word, yes.

With most laptops, the keyboard is easily to replace, chances are that you'll find instructions for your model or even a video tutorial on ytube. Replacement keyboards are not too expensive.

Advertisement