Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy S3 bent motherboard

Options
  • 14-10-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

So, my galaxy s3 decided to get get caught in the car door. The screen is completely smashed, but my main concern is that its bent, only very slightly, down the middle. The bottom near the home button is the most bent part. So I take it to a repair shop I cork, and he tell me the motherboard is bent, but not broken. (He opened it after not being able to get it started) does anybody no how to fix a bent, but not cracked motherboard? Is it even possible? I appreciate all your replies. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

There could be many problems with the PCB. As the components are surface mount(and tiny), when the board was bent a few components could have come loose, and would prevent the phone from booting even if a new screen was installed. Tbh it is not something you would be able to fix yourself. You could put it in a oven for a few mins(very few) and then bend it back to shape, but that could cause even more damage, as solder would be soft and components could come loose again.

Advertisement