Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frangelico or hazelnut Baileys

Options
  • 14-10-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Just planning to make some cocktails but Frangelico is hard to find, I haven't tried hazelnut baileys but anyone know if its the same or is it just baileys with a hint of hazelnut?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I'd say you'd get away with it. I'm surprised your having difficulty finding it, where have you looked? www.drinkstore.ie have it if you want to get it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd say they're not very similar at all.
    I'd imagine the bailey's is creamy while frangelico is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

ya i was thinking that myself alright, i havent really looked online, for some reason buying drink online never really came to mind (id imagine the delivery would be expensive) but i'll have a look, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

What drinks are you making with it, Frangelico while not being creamy is syrupy, so depending on what you want it for you might be all right. If your doing coffees or some variation on the white russian I'd nearly go for the Bailey's by choice but if your making hazelnut sours or martinis or something a bit more out there you'd be better with the Frangelico.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Superquinn sell both. The hazelnut one is €10 in the Northside branch as its reduced to clear. Same with biscotti.

• Advertisement
Advertisement