Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes not playing Mp4

Options
  • 14-10-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

OK so I downloaded a film thats an mp4, dragged it to itunes and it went to the library no problem. however when i try to play, it will load up the movie but wont play it. I can skip through film but it still wont play it. has any one got any idea
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Shaskaneos wrote: »
    OK so I downloaded a film thats an mp4, dragged it to itunes and it went to the library no problem. however when i try to play, it will load up the movie but wont play it. I can skip through film but it still wont play it. has any one got any idea

Try using VLC Player. It could be iTunes doesn't like the codec it's using, actually shouldn't you be playing videos in Quicktime? Don't think iTunes supports video playback!

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shaskaneos

Itunes usually supports mp4, was hoping to stream it to my apple tv, tried converting it to a different file had no effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

cheers for the help but the programme he suggests using in that piece is 8 quid, I'll just copy the movie onto my ps3. thanks for the help, it really annoys me when iTunes just decides to stop working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

he suggests using in that piece is 8 quid

Simple answer: Software worth using is worth paying for.

More complicated: shoulda thought of that before getting trapped in Apple's golden cage.
    it really annoys me when iTunes just decides to stop working.

Hurts, doesn't it? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Just use handbrake. It's free. http://handbrake.fr/

Handbrake is what I used to convert the file still wouldn't play it, it's working perfectly on my ps3 though

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Handbrake is what I used to convert the file still wouldn't play it, it's working perfectly on my ps3 though

Are you using the latest version of itunes?

Nick

Advertisement