Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way to move belongings to UK?

Options
  • 14-10-2012 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'll be moving with my family to the UK in the new year. I'm looking for the best way to move our belongings to the UK from the Cork area. We won't have much furniture (leaving our own furniture in current house to be rented), the largest we will be bringing will be a baby changing table, cot and bike, maybe a dryer. The bulk of what we will be bringing will be clothes, toys, kitchen equipment, personal effects, etc.
    Can anyone recommend companies who do this small scale moving at a reasonable price?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

Could you drive over for a weekend? Hire a van and take the ferry? Other than that if you look online you will find sites that submit your details to several companies and they will call you with quotes so you can compare in your own time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I used Sheridan's when moving from London to Cork. They come over at least twice weekly. PM me if you want the no.

Alternatively, try Aaltonen. They also do Cork - London trips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Careline did mine over and back on both occasions, very reasonable rates for small loads and the stuff was fine when it arrived.

Advertisement