Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Screen on my laptop

Options
  • 14-10-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My laptop screen is very dark, when i turn it on it is very dark and i cannot see the screen properly.

Would appreciate any help.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satelite T110-107

Regards,

Victoria

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Have you tried the fn + brightness up key combo?

DBx9o.jpg

From the User Manual, PDF here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

could be the inverter has failed

is the screen only barely visible?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vic26

Yeah tried to turn up the brighhtness with the Fn key but it does'nt work.

Yes screen is only barely visible. Is this a big problem?

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as I said the inverter could be gone, this would mean replacing it
    you could buy the part and get someone techy to install it otherwise you will have to bring it to a repair shop and get it priced unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Vic not a big problem you can do it yourself if you wanted. I replace the screen and lcd cable in my wifes old laptop a few months back and its all fine. All you need to do is take out the 4 little screws that hold in the bevel (black rim around the screen)and pop that off, be sure to wiggle it out as some parts click out and where the catch is to lock to lid needs to be slid out, you'll see it when u go to take the piece off. The inverter is a small long thin board about 4 or 5 inchs long just below the screen with a wire and clip going into each end. Just unplug the wires and put in your new inverter, start laptop and if all is working fine replace the bevel.

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE OUT THE BATTERY FIRST, PRESS THE POER BUTTON TO TOTALLY DRAIN LAPTOP OF POWER BEFORE YOU TOUCH ANY WIRING. DO IT ON A WODDEN TABLE.

It's not difficult to do, check out vids on youtube on how to replace inverter toshiba laptop you'll fin vids showing you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement