Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moses basket?

Options
  • 14-10-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Here's one for you!

Do we need a Moses basket? My oh thinks we don't (I convinced him to buy a more expensive buggy as the travel cot was an overnight sleeper) but I think we do. My oh is very tall 6'6" plus and we've been told the baby is measuring long so I know we probably won't get too long out of it but we do need it don't we?

What else could we use the baby will be too small for the cot that early on???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

We did the same as you piper, we are using our carry cot as a Moses basket- we plan on using the cot from early on. We said we would only look into getting the Moses basket after baby was born if it looks like there is a need for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

We had one, but I definitely wouldn't spend big money on one. If the baby is measuring long you might only get a month or so out of it!My little man's 8 weeks and he's going into his cot soon. But if you wanted to put baby into a cot(I don't know what size they are supposed to be for cot),you can get foam cot dividers that they're only actually using half the cot,you should check them out online. Also you can got foam positioners.again, have a look online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Thank you! Hopefully we can do without so, the other idea was a crib but they're expensive

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ours did us for the 1st 7/8 months,it was huge and brilliant we only took them out because they were going to climb out otherwsie!

I would get a travel cot with bassinet and put baby to sleep in that instead,you wil get loads more use out of a travel cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Think they're a waste imo. Travel cot idea above much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Zombot

We had the same debate, I didnt think we needed a moses basket, after speaking to a few people and getting lots of different opinions I gave in and went out and bought one.
    LO wouldnt sleep in the basket for more than 20 mins at a time so she ended up sleeping in the bed with us for the first few nights which was terrifying, was so afraid I would break her I barely slept myself despite extreme exhaustion!
    So after a few nights we decided to give the cot a go and she has slept there ever since, sleeps through the night since about 5 weeks.
    She was a big enough baby, 9lbs, and I think the moses basket was too cramped for her. And the cot is better ventilated, maybe that helps a bit too cos she hates being in a room thats too warm and stuffy.
    We did get a cot divider so the cot wasnt too massive for her

http://www.littledreamers.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=157_261&products_id=1141

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

I was going to get the moses basket myself. :o

Think a cot might be better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I think we're gonna get a crib, saw a pretty decent one in baby elegance that my parents have said they'll buy. It should last a good bit longer than a Moses basket. Thanks for all the advice!

A friend/colleague said about the overnight sleeper carry cot that the baby would be in it all day and if I was staying overnight somewhere and that it would be nice to put the baby somewhere fresh at night time which struck a cord with me. If the parents hasn't said they'd buy the crib I think I'd be looking for an extra long Moses basket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The travel cot would be way better and more practical. You can have it as an overnight bed for your baby and won't have to worry about where your baby will sleep if you're staying for a few days anywhere. Also as your baby will be tall enough they'll outgrow the moses basket quicker.

Advertisement