Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&P Troy

Options
  • 14-10-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I love the look of this AEG http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_G_P_G_P_TROY_Battle_9inch_Rifle_AEG.htm and I'm thinking about getting an Irish retailer to order one for me but before doing so I would appreciate any advice you guys might be able to give me about it. I understand that G&P externals are very good but that their gearboxes can give problems. Is that correct and if so is it easy to get non G&P replacement parts for it. Also will a TM tracer unit fit on this gun. At the moment I've only got one AEG - a G&G Raider with a NIMH battery & charger. I take it that I will have to buy a different charger for the battery on this gun. About the only thing that I really don't like about the Raider is the stock set up - its very loose with alot of sideways movement. This one looks to be better but am I right in thinking that. Finally how would this one compare to the Raider accuracy wise. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

gouldian wrote: »
    I love the look of this AEG http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_G_P_G_P_TROY_Battle_9inch_Rifle_AEG.htm and I'm thinking about getting an Irish retailer to order one for me but before doing so I would appreciate any advice you guys might be able to give me about it. I understand that G&P externals are very good but that their gearboxes can give problems. Is that correct and if so is it easy to get non G&P replacement parts for it. Also will a TM tracer unit fit on this gun. At the moment I've only got one AEG - a G&G Raider with a NIMH battery & charger. I take it that I will have to buy a different charger for the battery on this gun. About the only thing that I really don't like about the Raider is the stock set up - its very loose with alot of sideways movement. This one looks to be better but am I right in thinking that. Finally how would this one compare to the Raider accuracy wise. Thanks in advance.

G&P have a lovely external finish to the aeg's and the gearboxes are like any other aeg regardless of brand in the sense that you are going to get a bad one every now and again but G&P are generally quite good. All parts of the G&P gearbox are replaceable as its a standard Version 2.

I personally would get a new lipo battery 7.4v with a decent C rating and charger.

The brother has a G&P sentry with the same stock as the one on the troy (VICTOR) and it does not wobble one bit.

Out of the box performance would be fairly decentish with regards accuracy but would recommend getting a tight bore barrel and a softer rubber i.e guarder clear, prometheus pink etc as the stock one is really for a higher fps than our own, this made a monumental difference to the brother G&P.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gouldian

Thanks for that Southern Dandy. I will get the TB barrel and a replacement hop rubber if I get this

Advertisement