Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEE

Options
  • 14-10-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey guys,
    I'm a 2nd year B.Ed.
    I was just wondering does anyone know about AEE, when you can complete it and who's in charge?
    I spent a month on a volunteer placement working with kids abroad last summer, and I'm returning over the christmas holidays, and I wanted to see if I could use it as my AEE. I know it's usually done in third year.. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Cailin CoisFarraige

AEE can be completed either during the summer between 2nd and 3rd year, or during the Christmas holidays of 3rd year. You should be having a meeting about it in second semester of this year. Haven't heard of anyone being given permission to do it at other times. Sylvia O'Sullivan (Assistant Dean of Education) organises AEE so it might be worth emailing her to explain the situation, however, AEE is a 3rd module so there may not be a way around this.

Personally, I would advise you to go ahead with your volunteer work and just pick somewhere else for AEE. There are so many brilliant options for this placement and it can be an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 taylormoon

AEE can be completed either during the summer between 2nd and 3rd year, or during the Christmas holidays of 3rd year. You should be having a meeting about it in second semester of this year. Haven't heard of anyone being given permission to do it at other times. Sylvia O'Sullivan (Assistant Dean of Education) organises AEE so it might be worth emailing her to explain the situation, however, AEE is a 3rd module so there may not be a way around this.

Personally, I would advise you to go ahead with your volunteer work and just pick somewhere else for AEE. There are so many brilliant options for this placement and it can be an amazing experience.

Thanks a million, I will email her anyway to see. I'll definitely still be going ahead with it, have to give my kids a good Christmas! :D Thanks for the help. :)

Advertisement