Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

easycashmobile safe??

Options
  • 14-10-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hope this is the right section.

http://www.easycashmobile.ie

Wondering if anyone knows or uses this site, it seems to give better prices than envirofone but I want to make sure its legit??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'd bet my lovely Xperia S that its a scam, just by looking at the homepage. Avoid OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

ED E wrote: »
    I'd bet my lovely Xperia S that its a scam, just by looking at the homepage. Avoid OP.
    Jarren wrote: »

There web page does look dodgy out alright, thats what made me skeptical, although I'm assuming if they are the davenport group, they are legit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Yes , they are

Just read Terms and conditions before doing any business with them .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So you just put your mobile phones into the bag and then they offer to pay you 'later'.

Do you put your credit card in the bag as well with your PIN number so they can transfer the cash straight in?

I'd say one thing if you had the option to drop into a store. But this screams dodgy on so many levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Ya its a semi broken phone and in the past I have used envirofone to get rid of dodgy phones and have never had a problem with them saying their was a fault or wanting to reduce money.

By the way sending it off in the post is the standard practice, I have sent maybe 5 off to envirofone for either myself or my family they are 100% legit.

This crowd just seem a tad off to me and they have a bit in their terms and conditions stating that they do not return phones for any reason, so I would be worried if they decide the phone is faulty I could be stung and have no come back, where as with envirofone if they believe its faulty, you can have it sent back free of charge. So no loss to yourself.

Anyway I threw it up on ebay as faulty and got a bid to at least cover what this crowd offered me so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Just posted this on another thread here and then saw this one

'Not wanting to drag up an old thread but when I was searching for reviews on this site I found this thread. As I couldn't find any reviews on them I thought I'd add my own now that I've finished dealings with them.

I was a bit apprehensive, because as I said there were no reviews but I decided to risk it as they were by far offering the best price. I sent off my phone by registered post on Monday, got a call off them Tuesday to confirm receipt and confirm the price they would pay (which was the same as quoted on the site) and was told the cheque would be sent that day. Cheque arrived this morning. I'm very pleased with the whole experience and faster, if I recall correctly, than envirofone who I've used in the past.'

Totally no connection to this company (in case two post in quick succession looks dodge) but when searching for reviews before I took the plunge I couldn't find any anywhere so thought one would be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mgman2

Just got my cheque 7 days after sending iPhone 4S in. Fones 4 U was offering €78, Easy Cash Mobile offered and gave me €144

Just got a quote for 3 more old mobiles. All prices higher than Fones 4 U.

I will deal with them in the future. 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Mgman2 wrote: »
    Just got my cheque 7 days after sending iPhone 4S in. Fones 4 U was offering €78, Easy Cash Mobile offered and gave me €144

Just got a quote for 3 more old mobiles. All prices higher than Fones 4 U.

I will deal with them in the future. 100%

You registered simply to tell us about your experience with this company. How wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I feel less inclined to use them now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You registered simply to tell us about your experience with this company. How wonderful.

And search back 18 months to find a thread to allow them to do so. How thoughtful.

Advertisement