Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane Show Ireland Vs. Germany (Football) Quote

Options
  • 13-10-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I think this quote was taken from above show on Sat. Oct. 13....

„It was coming, we all knew it…if we can’t afford to sell Trapp by breaking his contract why not put him into the NAMA process. He fits the criteria…overpriced asset, of limited if any value, purchased during the boom, costing a fortune to maintain, returning nothing on the investment, he could be bought in at a heavily discounted rate to join the other over-priced Celtic Tiger monuments”

Can anybody please find the original source?
    Obliged

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Listen back yourself if you want...
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/page/radio1-podcasts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭GSF

ogilvy wrote: »
    I think this quote was taken from above show on Sat. Oct. 13....

„It was coming, we all knew it…if we can’t afford to sell Trapp by breaking his contract why not put him into the NAMA process. He fits the criteria…overpriced asset, of limited if any value, purchased during the boom, costing a fortune to maintain, returning nothing on the investment, he could be bought in at a heavily discounted rate to join the other over-priced Celtic Tiger monuments”

Can anybody please find the original source?
    Obliged
    I think the original comment was from a boards poster discussing Marian Finucane's RTE contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Trapp Door

Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ogilvy

Mr E wrote: »
    Listen back yourself if you want...
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/page/radio1-podcasts.html
    Unfortunately it's just not clear from the podcast

GSF wrote: »
    I think the original comment was from a boards poster discussing Marian Finucane's RTE contract.

If it's from a boards poster, I can't find it!
    Anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Think it was someone who texted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭Infoanon

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Think it was someone who texted in.

Correct - it was a text Marian read out - Marian has a bit of a cheek considering overpriced asset sums her up perfectly!

The Football provided Marian with enough fodder for the Sat & Sunday shows ! - lots of research going on there........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Infoanon wrote: »
    The Football provided Marian with enough fodder for the Sat & Sunday shows ! - lots of research going on there........

As if there's not enough sports coverage already!

Infoanon wrote: »
    Correct - it was a text Marian read out - Marian has a bit of a cheek considering overpriced asset sums her up perfectly!

Ah now, don`t be too hard on poor Marian.....I sent her an Email on Sunday, no answer yet. Must be all that in-depth sports research they`re doing...they're backlogged!

Advertisement