Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple house for sale in Lissaniska, Lahinch road Ennis, Cheap

Options
  • 13-10-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    I'm just wondering does anybody know why there are multiple 3 bed semi detached houses for sale so cheap in the Lissaniksa estate on the Lahinch road? There are 4 on daft for €75k and under such as this one: http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=672184
    and http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=669523

Was this estate flooded in the bad floods back in 09? Is it due to a high amount of anti social behaviour in the area? They are very cheap even compared to similar houses in nearby estates. Last year the asking prices of these houses was about 130k, I'm just curious as to how they have fallen so much.
    If something seems too good to be true..it usually is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I dont think it was flooded and I have friends who own a house there and are very happy living there. I do think it is a high rental area but not much anti social behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sawi

maiden wrote: »
    I dont think it was flooded and I have friends who own a house there and are very happy living there. I do think it is a high rental area but not much anti social behaviour.

I had the pleasure (dis) to look after a friends house for two years over there and it was a nightmare. They have moved (let's see to be political correct) social housing types in to the estate and you can guess who I am talking about. I feel sorry for the people who own houses there but you would be crazy to buy a house there unless you were going to rent it out like the other land lords to the social and not care about the neighbours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

maiden wrote: »

It's a buyer's market and even one household causing trouble in a street or estate is enough to deter most potential tenants or purchasers. Very strong and organised residents committees in some estates are working hard to keep their areas from sinking but others have no such committees and are in a bad way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sawi

They do have a committee there but what can a committee do against local government who do not care. The Garda come out
    but they really don't want to get involved unless its major crime. I went trough all the local agencies about what was going next door to me but I was told by one " we have to put them some where ". With a bit detective work I found the landlord who lives in Dublin she came down and knocked on my door and told me not to contact her again and if I have a problem call the police. The other thing she suggested was maybe I should make friends with them but I am lucky I could leave and my buddies house (he is in OZ) lies empty since while he payes his mortgage and I with my taxes pay for his neighbors rent allowance. Not a very fair system me thinks :-(

Advertisement