Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Literary Events - Dublin and North East

Options
  • 13-10-2012 7:53pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested to know if there are any literary events or groups around Navan and Dublin. My girlfriend is a writer and I leave each day for work. So while I'm away there would be somewhere she can go and meet others with a passion for books and writing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pauline fayne

Hi Itzy , The Navan Library creative writers group meets every Wednesday in Navan Library @ 11.30 a.m . If your girlfriend wants to join a group in Dublin she could call in to the Irish Writers Centre in Parnell square for information .
    Hope that's a help !

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

There is a charity group in DUblin called Fighting Words - Roddey Doyle set it up. They are always looking for volunteers to help with workshops for kids and teens. They also have an adult writing group on Wednesdays. It is a great way to meet other people interested in writing and to help out and make a little bit of difference in kids's lives.

Advertisement